Search

Posting Miles (points)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2000, 8:34 pm
JRF
Original Poster

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Posting Miles (points)

I have been flying on South West for over a month now (about 12 or 14 flights) and none of the points have posted to my account. I called and was told sometimes it takes a few weeks. I am used to DL's posting before I land. Does anyone know how the posting system really works?
Old Oct 30, 2000, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, 1MM; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
Southwest is usually pretty good about posting flight credits within 7-10 days of the trip. Seems most all of my recent trips have been within a week.

Might be since you've got a newer account things are a little slower? I'd say wait two more weeks and then give 'em another call.

Now, those partner credits (particularly Dollar Rent-A-Car)...those take forever! Still waiting for credit from a rental in mid-September. And I need it to hit 100 for my Companion Pass by November 6! Arghh!!

WNLuvr

[This message has been edited by WNLuvr (edited 10-30-2000).]
Old Nov 1, 2000, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I assume you have a plastic Rapid Rewards card that you present when you check it for each flight. If yes, they should post in 7-10 days, as mentioned above. If you don't have a card, how are you trying to get credit? You must either present the plastic card or get the paper card stamped. There is no other way to get credit with Southwest.

If you are not doing either, be sure to save your confirmation receipts. You may be able to mail them in and still get credit.
Old Nov 2, 2000, 6:38 am
JRF
Original Poster

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Originally posted by JerryFF:
I assume you have a plastic Rapid Rewards card that you present when you check it for each flight. If yes, they should post in 7-10 days, as mentioned above. If you don't have a card, how are you trying to get credit? You must either present the plastic card or get the paper card stamped. There is no other way to get credit with Southwest.

If you are not doing either, be sure to save your confirmation receipts. You may be able to mail them in and still get credit.
Here is the deal!

There are no more paper stamp type cards. They now have temporary paper cards at the airports. These cards have membership numbers on them as well as a form to fill out with your mailing and account details. They do not get stamped. You can start earning credit right away using the new paper card, just like it was a plastic card, and then they send you the real plastic card in the post.

However, when you buy your (first) ticket on line, the web site asks you if you want to sign up for a Rapid Rewards card, which I did. After you sign up on line, you are then told to get a paper/stamp card at the airport and send in the paper stamp card for credit once you plastic card with your account number arrives. I could not do this as they no longer issue paper stamp type cards. So, I took one of the new temporary membership card forms available at the airport and this caused the problem as I now have two account numbers.

Called Southwest yesterday and they linked the two accounts together and the flights are slowly posting. All this would be solved if Southwest gave you a membership number on line on or just told you to grab a paper card at the airport instead of applying on line and having to wait 14 days for an account number.

I am bolting from DL due to their new FF program in 2001 and constant abuse from ASA. While Southwest clearly is a better run airlines then DL, this Rapid Rewards problems for new members need not exist with a little coordination at Southwest. However, as long as I get all of my flight credits without having to photocopy (scan), write letters, and phone more then twice, I am happy and will stick with Southwest. Actually, this is a trial period for Southwest, as I am flying on several airlines trying to decide who my new primary (first choice) carrier will be for domestic flights. The vote is still out but it looks like Southwest may be my first choice.

[This message has been edited by JRF (edited 11-02-2000).]
Old Nov 2, 2000, 6:55 am
Original Member

I thought that the original hassle with the paper cards was to weed out the "Grandma who flies once a year at Xmas" fliers. By making someone get 16 stamps in a year, you don't have to open up millions of extra accounts that sit dormant and cost you big $$$.

If you truly are a SW frequent flier, you will be swimming in free flights and free booze. Don't worry - it's worth it.
Old Nov 2, 2000, 12:28 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
This is ridiculous. Paper cards to fill out or carry your card with you? Come on!

One time, I neglected to enter my AA FF number when I bought a ticket through Expedia.com. I didn't call them later to have my FF number entered. The next month, my statement arrived in the mail with the flight credit. AA looked up my name automatically and processed the flight credit! What a concept!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.