Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free ticket after 2 flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2000, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Free ticket after 2 flights

I signed my wife up for a Rapid Rewards card about a year ago but she has not needed to purchase any tickets since then because she usually flies for free on my companion pass. Got a card from WN this week that said they missed her and if she flew just two round trips between now and the end of the year and booked the flight on the internet, she would earn a free ticket and in addition to that free ticket the 2 flights would also count toward the regular free ticket which is earned after 16 credits. Is this something new or have I just missed this?
Old Sep 23, 2000, 11:37 pm

This MUST be a targeted offer because I fly WN all the time and did not get this promotion. So your wife books two round trip tickets on the internet and gets a free ticket, plus those eight flight credits count toward the required 16? This is a GREAT deal. I wish you needed a code or something so I could use it too!
Old Sep 24, 2000, 12:10 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
My wife just got one as well, but apparently the "greatness" of the deal was lost on her, as she too busy with the baby to take advantage of the offer.
Old Sep 24, 2000, 7:40 am

WNer, this promotion is nothing new. WN has been offering it for years at fairly regular intervals. Online booking was never required until recently? It is only offered to Rapid Reward members that have posted no credits, (flight or otherwise) to their account during a twelve month period.

What is really remarkable, as stated above, is that the credits earned to qualify for this promotion, count toward your next regular roundtrip award ticket and toward earning a Companion Pass. Southwest's way of Double Dipping! By booking online for two roundtrips, eight credits are received, half way to your next roundtrip award ticket!

WN has no capacity controls and only twelve blackout dates per year for 2000 or 2001. If there's an available seat, it's yours, even if it's the last seat on the plane.
Old Sep 24, 2000, 10:55 am

I also received this offer a couple of days ago. The great part for me is that my wife happens to have 8 credits in her account, so if we take two trips together, say something cheap like the current $60 plus tax fare from BWI-BUF, we each receive an award ticket!
Old Sep 24, 2000, 6:55 pm
In memoriam

MrLimo, WN may currently only offer this promo to members who've taken no flights in the previous 12 months, but it hasn't always been that way.

I've been a regular on WN for over 20 years (flew 'em today). I received this promo offer about 3 years ago. It required 3 roundtrips in a 3 month period. When I completed the final segment (return flight on the 3rd roundtrip ticket), I was sent two Rapid Rewards vouchers, because in addition to fulfilling the requirements of the promo, it was also my 16th credit since I earned my previous free ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.