Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I LUV SW!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2000, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
I LUV SW!

This forum doesn't get enough traffic!

I just thought I'd post something (will anyone actually drop by and read it) about how cool SW really is.

1. The fares are cheap.

2. They have a good safety record.

3. The FA's are generally good humored.

I guess if your company is paying, you might not want to fly "cattle car," but when its my nickel, i go to http://www.iflyswa.com

------------------
Travel is a powerful antidote to contemporary American arrogance.
Old Aug 25, 2000, 9:13 am

1) I normally fly on restricted tickets, which usually cost the same or less than SWA.

2) ISP is 12 times as far away as LGA.

3) I like seat assignments.
Old Aug 30, 2000, 9:23 pm

I LUV Southwest Airlines!
Old Aug 31, 2000, 12:16 pm
Original Member

Programs: OnePass
Originally posted by MRLIMO:
I LUV Southwest Airlines!
Ditto. Paraphrasing Ernest Hemingway's famous saying posted in a Havana bar: "my short-haul flights on Southwest (dig them red-bellied war machines! ), my long-haul flights on Continental".

I've learned many tricks of the trade to get a decent seat on Southwest.

Get to the gate early (they issue the first group of boarding passes one hour before departure).

Get lined up in the 'cattle chute' for your boarding group as soon as you see the flight pull in. With enough practice you can gauge the plane's arrival at the gate within about 15-20 minutes of departure.

IMO, best seat on the SW jets are in the lounge areas (not on the -700 series, cause they don't have 'em).

------------------
AlphaSigOU
Causa latet vis est notissima - the cause is hidden, the results are well-known.

[This message has been edited by AlphaSigOU (edited 08-31-2000).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.