Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official Rapid Rewards 2.0 speculation thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Rapid Rewards 2.0 speculation thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:20 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Regardless, it's not the look of the website I don't like...it's the constant errors when booking tickets, looking at flights and trying to book award tickets that drives me crazy.
Several months ago I reported an error with Firefox that has the source of funds section of the purchase page simply vanish. That error still occurs. I'm convinced it's due to extremely inefficient coding of the new website.

Southwest's site used to be my favorite among airlines. Now it's at the very bottom. The others get better and better, and Southwest's gets worse and worse. That's without even considering outages, which seem more frequent and longer lasting than in earlier years.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 5:41 am

Programs: WN CP
Originally Posted by FCfree
What is the current status of RR 2.0?
WN is preparing for its launch:
Originally Posted by 73G
Q3 earnings call from 10/21/10 mentions RR 2.0 again. Gary Kelly: "Next year, we will launch the Rapid Rewards 2.0 product." At the very end of the Q&A session with analysts: "Volaris and Rapid Rewards are very, very close and you'll find more about those two very soon."
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
With only a few weeks left in this year, it wouldn't be wise to announce the program any time after February.
Why is that?
Old Dec 17, 2010, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Anyone here have any idea what will happen to the WN Visa with chase once RR 2.0 is rolled out?

Even though I currently only use WN on RR tickets, I have no problems with the WN visa and think it is a great card based on the amount of charging I do with places that won't accept Am Ex. However, depending on how RR 2.0 is and how the visa works, I may switch to a different credit card for non am ex purchases. I am also wondering if Chase will refund a prorate of the fee if you want to cancel if the program is being changed substantially.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 7:19 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Hmmm. This is the first time I've heard a WN FF say anything negative about the website. I don't like it myself, but everyone here seems to fall all over themselves when it comes to WN's site.
Can you actually quote anyone here who is happy with the website?

You are straying into the false ' those people all have drunk the koolaid' syndrome.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by lougord99
Can you actually quote anyone here who is happy with the website?

You are straying into the false ' those people all have drunk the koolaid' syndrome.
Believe me I hate the website as well and don't use WN much, but compared to Hilton's site it's great

In all honesty with WN's site I like the site they had a couple years ago a LOT better. This is a case of the old saying if it ain't broke, don't fix it
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:03 am

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
The web site works a lot better with Firefox and with the blockers that were posted somewhere on FT. If you add in the blockers, its tolerable.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
As to the new RR changes in 2011 (?) - I think it could raise real issues if those 30, 40. 50 % or higher toward a next Companion Pass are shut out from getting one with a new program or way to earn the points. Many use Cr. Card, rentals, etc. to help them get to that magic 100 point level. If one has 50 points in 6 months and then earning points sometime in the next 6 months becomes much harder, if would be unfair.

I would suggest WN at least extend or give a pro-rated CP for a partial year for those on track to earn one.

Very surprising there are few leaks about the new program. Maybe I need to turn to Wiki Leaks to find out (or maybe the govt should have WN run their security)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.