Wiki Posts
Search

Award reservation glitch

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2007, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: status-less.
Award reservation glitch

Thank you all for an excellent forum! While I'm only an occasional traveler the information in this forum has saved us plenty of money and been a real help in maximizing the RR credits we get. Recently there have been a few threads about problems with Awards. We just had one, too. It all worked out in the end but, for the record, here's what happened.

I recently used an Award I earned to book a one-way flight for my wife from MDW to HNL and had no issues with the reservation process. I was looking up something else on My Southwest a couple days later, and noticed that the itinerary listing for my wifes' flight showed three flights all under the same PNR, two copies of the MDW-LAS leg (same flight numbers but times five minutes different) and the LAS-HNL leg. Rechecking my emails showed that I had never received the confirmation email but I had received the extra itinerary copy I always send at reservation time to a backup email account.

A call to Rapid Rewards elicited the info that the original PNR was in some way invalid. They put me on hold for about ten minutes and eventually said they had to manually enter a new reservation with a new PNR, which now shows up correctly in the initerary section and did generate the reservation email.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 12:23 pm

I'm guessing that somebody in the IT department screwed something up massively.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 7:09 pm

I'm also having award glitches - the flights I want are never available to use them on!
Old Jul 8, 2007, 9:41 am

Probably likely due to schedule extensions, ATA's lack of extending at the same time, and WN's deleting some flights. The original flight was most likely replaced by the 5min different flight, and you just happened to be checking while both were still in the reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.