Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Double credit to/from/within CA - book by 3/8, fly by 4/4

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double credit to/from/within CA - book by 3/8, fly by 4/4

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Just a reminder (courtesy of today's RR email):

The 2x RR credit deal for CA flights expires in 2 days (must be reserved by March 8) though you can travel into early April.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Just completed a RT from SMF to SNA, but only received 1 credit per leg. Do the extra credits post at a later date or am I missing my double credits? Also, is there a way to inquire RE: missing credits via WN's website or do I just call?

Sorry if this is elementary stuff. I spend most of my time over on the Starwood boards...
Did you book this as part of a vacation package? I do not believe those would qualify... also, were the flights purchased before the promotion was announced? I wonder if that would disqualify you as well.

Hope you can find out what happened. Easiest way is to call them. They are usually pretty good about it.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 8:52 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Boraxo
The 2x RR credit deal for CA flights expires in 2 days (must be reserved by March 8)
It's March 9 and the 2x offer can no longer be booked. Right on cue the intra-CA fares have dropped $10 this morning!
Old Mar 9, 2007, 9:53 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
I see no change in fares

Originally Posted by nsx
It's March 9 and the 2x offer can no longer be booked. Right on cue the intra-CA fares have dropped $10 this morning!
For intra-california
The Net fare is still $49
Promo is still $59
Fun Fare still $69

No change from last week sadly and with fuel at $3.00+ it wont go down
Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:37 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Pre-June dates have $39 fares. June and July have $44. At least that's how it looks from a quick check.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 10:49 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
very limited

That $39 fare is (I think) only OAK-LAX
Old Mar 9, 2007, 1:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Let's say you made a booking pre 3/8 for a flight pre-4/4. Would I still retain the dbl credit if I changed from one flight number to another?
Old Mar 9, 2007, 1:12 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by EIPremier
Let's say you made a booking pre 3/8 for a flight pre-4/4. Would I still retain the dbl credit if I changed from one flight number to another?
My guess is yes. Special bonuses tend to be tied to the record locator, and changes which preserve the record locator should preserve the bonus. (Southwest can easily determine the booking date from the record locator.)
Old Mar 10, 2007, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by nsx
Explain the logic of that! (Assuming that peak season is coming, the fare should be going up...)

Good thing I booked my $29 Ding with 2x credit before the door shut
Old Mar 10, 2007, 6:58 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle
I flew to San Diego in the end of Feb, but still haven't found any double credit.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP
Call RR CS.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Originally Posted by Procter
I flew to San Diego in the end of Feb, but still haven't found any double credit.
I had a mini mileage run last week and got 2x for all intra CA and inter CA flights automatically. ^
Old Mar 31, 2007, 10:32 am

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Just flew a flight to CA and received 1 credit, but wondering if I should have received 2. What happened is I booked it in February, which was during the promo period, but then the fare went down substantially through a DING special, so I rebooked it couple days after 3/8...the exact same flight on the exact same date, but using a DING fare. I'm sure this happened because the record locater was changed, but unfortunately, there is no way to "change" an existing reservation to a DING fare, so I just canceled it out and repurchased with the ticketless travel funds. Guess I can always call and see what they say. Seems to me since the original purchase was in Feb and the flights were flown before 4/4, it should qualify.

BTW, thanks for reponses nsx.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP
I disagree. You canceled and rebooked after 3/8. The new reservation clearly fell outside the scope of the promotion. WN may see it your way, but don't be surprised if they don't.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Originally Posted by EIPremier
Just flew a flight to CA and received 1 credit, but wondering if I should have received 2. What happened is I booked it in February, which was during the promo period, but then the fare went down substantially through a DING special, so I rebooked it couple days after 3/8...the exact same flight on the exact same date, but using a DING fare. I'm sure this happened because the record locater was changed, but unfortunately, there is no way to "change" an existing reservation to a DING fare, so I just canceled it out and repurchased with the ticketless travel funds. Guess I can always call and see what they say. Seems to me since the original purchase was in Feb and the flights were flown before 4/4, it should qualify.

BTW, thanks for reponses nsx.

Although I am not positive, I think these had to be booked directly with the web site, not thru the DING site, for 2x credits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.