Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Rapid Rewards Visa targeted monthly spending bonus credit offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2007, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott

We received the following offer -

"As a way to thank you for being a loyal Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Visa cardmember, we're giving you the opportunity to receive 4 bonus Rapid Rewards credits. It's easy - simply make $6000 in purchases on your card each month between January 1 and March 31."

"This bonus credits offer is nontransferable and only applies to the account ending in the last four digits referenced on the front of this letter."

Last edited by curbcrusher; Apr 26, 2009 at 9:03 am Reason: merged five separate threads on same subject into single "official" thread
Old Jan 8, 2007, 2:41 pm

Programs: WN CP
Originally Posted by JerryFF
"This bonus credits offer is nontransferable and only applies to the account ending in the last four digits referenced on the front of this letter."
Yes, it is targeted.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 3:40 pm

It's easy - simply make $6000 in purchases on your card each month between January 1 and March 31.
It looks like it's targeted at big spenders!
Old Jan 9, 2007, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by davesdog
It looks like it's targeted at big spenders!
We've hardly used the card at all for the past year. Maybe they are trying to get us to use it again.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:08 pm

We've hardly used the card at all for the past year. Maybe they are trying to get us to use it again.
I think this is the reason. Mrs. GoSpurs and I swipe the plastic frequently in her business, enough to CP each year alone. We didn't get the offer.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
4 Bonus RRs for using SWA VISA

I received a letter from SWA and Chase Card Services stating:

Thank you for being a loyal SWA Card holder.

I will earn 4 bonus RR Credits if I spend $1,000 ea month for Aug, Sept, and October - on top of what I would normally get. Pretty good deal.

Strangely, I am in my 11th month with the card. I had called up a day or so before about cancelling as I did not want to pay the $59 annual fee. Agent said they would give me 2 bonus credits plus my normal 2 on the card anniversary if I did not cancel, so I said "ok".

As I got the letter only a day or two later, I do not think it was related to my phone call.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 8:35 pm

Programs: WN CP, NW Silver, HH Diamond, PC Plat, Hertz Gold
Hmm...I got a similar letter a few months back only they wanted me to spend $4000 a month!
Old Jul 26, 2008, 9:34 pm

Programs: status-less.
Originally Posted by SAPMAN
Strangely, I am in my 11th month with the card. I had called up a day or so before about cancelling as I did not want to pay the $59 annual fee. Agent said they would give me 2 bonus credits plus my normal 2 on the card anniversary if I did not cancel, so I said "ok".
I too recently called about cancelling my SWA Visa. I received the verbal offer of 2 bonus over the 2 coincident with the yearly fee, but additionally the person said they could reduce the yearly fee to $39. Upon closer questioning, however, this fee reduction would have also changed my Reward Dollars earning rate from 2/$ to 1/$ at all SWA partners (that is, down to Classic level rather than Signature). This was not stated upfront, so be careful of what they may offer.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 9:51 pm

Programs: SWA
I also received a similar offer, the monthly target was 2k. My guess is they round it up to the next $1000 above the average monthly spending on the card.

I also received another offer, on my business card for double credits on all restaurant spending for a 6 week period. Had to juggle between the two cards to max out both offers at once.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Originally Posted by shiwala
Hmm...I got a similar letter a few months back only they wanted me to spend $4000 a month!
I was wondering.... why the wording in the footnote on the back side (preprinted fine print) said I must "spend the amount each month as stated on the front of this letter" rather than a specific amount.

I had not been using the card much in the past 5 months -- so guess the minimum did depend on earlier spending habit.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 8:33 am

My SW credit cards expires in August - I will post the offers that they will give me to continue with the card.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by shiwala
Same here-not possible for me,as I use this card only for charges that get me double credit,everything else goes on Amex.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:11 am

I have not gotten the promo for any of my Chase cards (I have many like Disney, marriott, Continental, priority club, and SW for each my hubby and I!) except last week I got one for my priority club card I opened just for the 30k bonus. Never used the card except once and it didn't have an annual fee so I've held on to it. Sweet deal - spend $200 each month between August and October and get 15,000 points. Pretty good deal as we are going to Clearwater Beach in April and that will be an extra night. It is probably related to what you normally spent and that's why mine was so low. My recent concentration is on SW visa as I need a few more credits for some coming trips.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 10:27 am

Warning: In my experience, Chase seems worth than others in living up to promotions like this. I've had to fight 3 out of 3 times. Keep all your paperwork. (Last time they sent me a glossy flyer for a similar UA promotion, but after I jumped through all their hoops they claimed I was never targeted. I had to produce the flyer.)

P.S. I also received the SW offer, spend $1k each month in Aug, Sep, Oct, and receive 4 bonus RR by the end of Dec.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, US Airways, SWA
Chase RR Visa Offer: 4 credits for $1K spend in each of Sep, Oct and Nov

With Chase RR Visa card, the one with plane on it. I received this by mail. I searched and didn't see this offer posted. No sign up required as far as I can tell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.