Wiki Posts
Search

Transfering Airlines - BWI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2006, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Question Transfering Airlines - BWI

Hi all.

Going to Long Island this weekend with a friend. I am booked DTW-BWI-ISP all on Southwest. Friend is booked DTW-BWI (on Northwest) and then BWI-ISP on Southwest. From looking at terminal map of BWI, will a 40 minute connection time be enough for him to get from the D concourse to the A/B gates? Do you have to go through security at the A/B gates can you transfer from D to A/B without having to do so? I checked the BWI website and it was not much help in that regard and the search function on this forum did bring up a nice thread on the opening of the A/B concourses, but nothing specific about transfering to and from.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 2P, Hertz 5*, Priority Club Gold, US
Sorry for the bum dope - the other posters obviously know my own airport better than I. I guess that is what happens when you only fly out SWA and you leave at 7 am

In my opinion he should have no problem. I fly out of BWI a lot but normally do not have to move between the concourses. I am pretty sure you can do so on the "post-security" side. The airport is not that large that walking between the two concourses should only take 10-15 minutes.

Last edited by rwmiller; Oct 12, 2006 at 3:24 pm
Old Oct 12, 2006, 9:49 am

Your friend will need to go through security. See:

http://www.bwiairport.com/customer_a..._terminal_map/

The yellow area is the unsecured area, and anything past the gray line is the secured area.

Also see:

http://www.bwiairport.com/airlines_s...ur_connection/

It mentions 2 hours to make a connection but I think that's more than necessary.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 9:57 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
You cannot access A/B from D without going into the terminal and through security again.In my opinion it will be an extremely close connection time,almost impossible if they need to collect baggage first.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 2:49 pm

Yeah, I stopped checking in bags to be picked up in BWI's baggage claim a long time ago because the wait time at baggage claim is tremendous at this airport! Most times 30 minutes plus!

If your friend doesn't check any bags and his arriving flight is on time, I wouldn't think he'd have any issues getting from D to A/B but all the info above is correct. He will need to go thru security again.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 8:45 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
If he misses his flight, there are plenty of flights that he can be accomodated on as a standby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.