Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RR ticket with Diners Club promo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
RR ticket with Diners Club promo

Did anyone else here use the Diner's Club promo they had for 18,000 points for an RR ticket.

Back when it was only 12,000 points during the promo they usually have in Sept (and it was only 1,000 points for a credit) I had done it a couple different times and usually had my award quickly. I did it over a month ago and my diners club point balance was charged but no award yet. In the past it wouldn't have been a big deal, but since southwest has gotten cheaped and limited seats I want to have it to book a trip ASAP.

I guess another reason to cancel my diner's club in April.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Did anyone else here use the Diner's Club promo they had for 18,000 points for an RR ticket.

Back when it was only 12,000 points during the promo they usually have in Sept (and it was only 1,000 points for a credit) I had done it a couple different times and usually had my award quickly. I did it over a month ago and my diners club point balance was charged but no award yet. In the past it wouldn't have been a big deal, but since southwest has gotten cheaped and limited seats I want to have it to book a trip ASAP.

I guess another reason to cancel my diner's club in April.
Yes, mine posted in about a week. Have you called Diners Club? Something is definitely wrong!
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Nope and I'll call them tomorrow. I got a few gift cards with points that same night online (I am not going to renew in april and want to use up all my points since i know they won't be good anymore) and I was just going through my mail and notiiced the marriott gift cheques came today so my ticket should have posted on Southwest by now.

Originally Posted by formeraa
Yes, mine posted in about a week. Have you called Diners Club? Something is definitely wrong!
Old Oct 11, 2006, 1:19 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Since I discovered this trick a few months ago, I have no use for transferring from Diners directly to Southwest unless I needed an award quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.