Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Re-enroll in Rapid Rewards and get Signup credit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2006, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt, HH, IHG, SPG, AA, WN

I have not flown Southwest in a few years, and my account has no miles/credits. Can I re-enroll and get the 2 (or maybe 8) signup credits for Rapid Rewards, or do I have to use my old (empty) account? I have an upcoming flight for Thanksgiving.

Would there be any advantage to using the old account? I know on AA, you would want keep an old account in order to become a Million Miler.

(My miles/ credits expired before I converted to FT.)
Old Oct 10, 2006, 5:10 pm

Programs: WN CP
It's possible. Supposedly WN has processes in place to catch duplicate RR accounts.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Try using a different name (first initial and middle) and a variation of address and different email address.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 9:48 am

I did this when I got married and changed my name. It was easier to create a new account than change the name on the old one (well, probably, if SW is anything like dealing with Delta on this issue... but maybe not!), and plus I got the signup bonus.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by doubleflyaway
I did this when I got married and changed my name. It was easier to create a new account than change the name on the old one (well, probably, if SW is anything like dealing with Delta on this issue... but maybe not!), and plus I got the signup bonus.
Great, thanks! I will try it for myself and 3 other family members.

I did notice on the enrollment screen that it asks for a unique email account for each person. Is that really required? Do I need to create a yahoo email account for my minor children, or can I just use one email account for the family (different from the email address listed in my old Rapid Rewards account).
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by curbcrusher
It's possible. Supposedly WN has processes in place to catch duplicate RR accounts.
I recently was helping a co-worker sign up for a RR acct for the first time. I mistakenly entered the birthdate wrong, then wasn't able to go back and change it once the account was set up.

So we ended up starting over and setting up a new account with a new RR number, and a correct birthdate this time. This will be the acct no. my friend uses, but I've wondered what will become of the other acct.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:58 pm

The thing is... I think they did ask for a social security number. My old account was a few years old, so maybe they didn't ask for it back then, so that's why I was able to reregister. Or maybe with having a totally different last name, it didn't check for a duplicate SSN.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by doubleflyaway
The thing is... I think they did ask for a social security number.
Before I think southwest is the only airline ask for birthday to enroll the account, and I think it is too much for a FF account. Are you sure they started asking SSN for a FF account? If so, next time maybe a FICO score to get a FF account.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 2:05 pm

On my account details on MySouthwest, it says "Social Security Number: On File." I don't remember if I gave it to them when I signed up in 1998.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 6:12 pm

How do you get 8 as a sign up bonus. I see two

"(or maybe 8) signup "

For how long has the 2 sign up bonus been effective???

If I signed up about six months ago , seven months ago via the Amex Membership rewards website, Not Southwest directly then would I have two credits in my acct?
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by writetorich
"(or maybe 8) signup "

For how long has the 2 sign up bonus been effective???

If I signed up about six months ago , seven months ago via the Amex Membership rewards website, Not Southwest directly then would I have two credits in my acct?
see this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608321

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.