Wiki Posts
Search

Ding! You're now free to fly to Denver!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2005, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Ding! You're now free to fly to Denver!

New Ding! special for flights to Denver (along with other flights) - all cities to Denver are capped at $79 one-way plus taxes. Good January 3-31.

MDW-DEN: $59
MDW-PHX: $39-49
MDW-LAS: $49
Old Nov 21, 2005, 8:04 am

I just saw the first DEN ding too! Very tempting to take a quick weekend trip to California in January....
Old Nov 21, 2005, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA,UA,WN
Never been DEN, anybody can recommend some must see places?
Old Nov 21, 2005, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I am never heard of it about DEN in 2006. If WN does very well for first day to DEN on January 3, 2006. Then, WN will expanding for more new service in the future for connecting to LAX, SAN, OAK, SEA, ABQ, HOU, BWI, BNA, TPA< MCO, FLL and anywhere else for connecting at DEN. May I suggest ask you question about DEN does have with baggage system? Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2005, 2:45 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
delete

Last edited by tmorse6570; Sep 16, 2007 at 3:15 am
Old Nov 22, 2005, 11:06 am

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
Be advised, if you've never been to Denver, the airport is horrible, the baggage system never works, we're buried in snow six months of the year, and the city is boring with few activities for tourists.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Daze
Be advised, if you've never been to Denver, the airport is horrible, the baggage system never works, we're buried in snow six months of the year, and the city is boring with few activities for tourists.
I suggest renting a car and going to Boulder (Especially in summer). I'll be heading out there as soon as a band I want to see plays Red Rocks (Not in Denver or Boulder I know). I've always wanted to see a concert there but wasn't willing to pay the high fares to get there. Welcome to WN DEN! ^
Old Nov 22, 2005, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow! Why do you live there?

I don't, but my daughter does. We were there last December, and had to catch a flight DEN-IAH to connect with a LH FC flight to FRA. I was expecting a lot of hassle, but the security lines were very swift (and you can check on line for the current status in real time), the airport was large and clean, and we had no trouble at all getting in and out. And no snow, either.

As far as tourist things go, that very much depends on what you want. I haven't been to LAS in years because it bores me. The type of person who thinks Atlantic City or Las Vegas in really cool might very well be unexcited with Denver. Different strokes and all that.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Yeah, I understand this situation at DEN. It doesn't work for the baggage system to get direct to the aircraft. What about TSA will screening all checked baggage at the terminal? It is too much for the snowing at DEN. Those are not safe for me. I love go to DEN in the future. If I will take some time off from work and I will go to DEN for next year 2006.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Originally Posted by mt.sthelens
Never been DEN, anybody can recommend some must see places?
This is for summer, but I'd recommend the Colorado Springs area (a bit more than an hour south of DEN). There's the cool rock formation gardens (I forget the name, but it should be obvious is you look at any Colorado tourist info guide or site), and there's the cog train ride up to Pike's Peak -- along the way the train stops at the point where the lyrics to "America The Beautiful" were written, and it is a beautiful view!
Old Dec 4, 2005, 3:55 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
I hope to take in a game at Coors Field in 2006.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 4:01 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
I agree with Daze. Denver sucks, airport sucks, people are rude, nothing to do, it's not mountainous, but flat flat flat and we have nothing but immigrants, flies, and wild buffalo that will stampede and kill small children without a moment's notice.. try Salt Lake, they seem to have nice people, mountains, and a lack of stampeding buffaloes..
Old Dec 4, 2005, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by goingsomewhere
I hope to take in a game at Coors Field in 2006.
A shameless plug that there's going to be a FT event including watching a Rockies-Cubs game or two in August. Link
Old Dec 4, 2005, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL GLD; AA GLD; CO GLD
Originally Posted by dg4255
I agree with Daze. Denver sucks, airport sucks, people are rude, nothing to do, it's not mountainous, but flat flat flat and we have nothing but immigrants, flies, and wild buffalo that will stampede and kill small children without a moment's notice.. try Salt Lake, they seem to have nice people, mountains, and a lack of stampeding buffaloes..
Immigrants just like the ones that founded this country?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.