Wiki Posts
Search

Award ticket only valid for one year?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2005, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Award ticket only valid for one year?

When the announcement was made that capacity controls on award tickets would be imposed, that announcement also included the change that award tickets would be valid for two years,

However, an award ticket was just deposited in my wife's account with an expiration date of October, 2006. Does anyone know why it was posted like this? Have they just not changed the computer to indicate that awards are valid for two years?
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:06 pm

Programs: WN CP
No, only credits are now good for two years. Award tickets are still limited to one year.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 8:13 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
The FAQ explains that expired awards can be renewed.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Wow, I really misunderstood that one. So for people who earn lots of points, this change is really meaningless and is of no value.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by JerryFF
Wow, I really misunderstood that one. So for people who earn lots of points, this change is really meaningless and is of no value.
Exactly, see "that other thread" to see all the FFers complaints about this.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by JerryFF
Actually....it could be a minus value...due to capacity controls on use of those RR's after the Feb cut-off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.