Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New math on cheapest parking at OAK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2009, 2:10 pm

I can't seem to get the $6.75 deal at Expresso by my calculations. I see that self park outside is $9.95 and AAA gives a 15 percent discount...
Old Aug 19, 2009, 2:15 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by bobloblaw
I can't seem to get the $6.75 deal at Expresso by my calculations. I see that self park outside is $9.95 and AAA gives a 15 percent discount...
http://www.expressoparking.com/aaa/
Old Aug 19, 2009, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Cool!

Also, what constitutes a day? Flight leaves early Saturday morning and will return early Monday morning. Is that two days (Sat+Sun), or 3 days (+Mon morning)?
Old Aug 19, 2009, 2:56 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by bobloblaw
Cool!

Also, what constitutes a day? Flight leaves early Saturday morning and will return early Monday morning. Is that two days (Sat+Sun), or 3 days (+Mon morning)?
24 hours is a day. There is an hourly rate, but probably anything over 25 hours rates as 2 days.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 7:24 pm
cxn

FYI - Expresso is now $5.95/day, cheapest rate
Old Dec 1, 2009, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by cxn
FYI - Expresso is now $5.95/day, cheapest rate
Seems like Expresso is the airport parking company of choice for savvy OAK flyers. I think I set a new Expresso lowest rate record. I'm able to get a rate under $5 per day for 4 and 5 day stays with a $5 off promo code I just received. See details in my post here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...-airports.html
Old Dec 1, 2009, 8:24 am
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Seems like Expresso is the airport parking company of choice for savvy OAK flyers. I think I set a new Expresso lowest rate record. I'm able to get a rate under $5 per day for 4 and 5 day stays with a $5 off promo code I just received. See details in my post here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...-airports.html
Outstanding.

Expresso is indeed the commuters' choice. They have bought market share with rock-bottom rates. This allows them to run shuttles every 5 minutes or so, which means you get the fastest service as well. Airport parking is very much a winner-take-all market.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Is Expresso still the low price leader in Oakland? I see there is an AAA web coupon required for the $5.95 rate.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 6:55 am

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nsx
Outstanding.

Expresso is indeed the commuters' choice. They have bought market share with rock-bottom rates. This allows them to run shuttles every 5 minutes or so, which means you get the fastest service as well. Airport parking is very much a winner-take-all market.
You seem to be the OAK parking guru, nsx!

I'm flying out of OAK on Saturday midday 5/15 and returning the following Monday afternoon. I'll also be traveling with 3 adults, 1 with limited waking abilities but not wheelchair issues. Any tips, or do you stick with Expresso?
Old Apr 3, 2010, 2:02 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Wingrider
You seem to be the OAK parking guru, nsx!

I'm flying out of OAK on Saturday midday 5/15 and returning the following Monday afternoon. I'll also be traveling with 3 adults, 1 with limited waking abilities but not wheelchair issues. Any tips, or do you stick with Expresso?
Expresso all the way.

PM sent with further info.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 2:34 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nsx
Expresso all the way.

PM sent with further info.
Wowzer you rock.

Hey so indoor or out door for a couple of days there? It looks like the indoor is also where the shuttle is....

-W
Old Apr 3, 2010, 7:56 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I always park outside. $6 per day, and no taxes or fees. Hard to beat.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by nsx
I always park outside. $6 per day, and no taxes or fees. Hard to beat.
You know, the Indoor rate on that link you posted isn't bad either for a 3-day stay. $9.95/day + 1 day free on 3-day stays. That comes out to $6.63/day on a 3-day stay.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 4:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist
Add my vote for Expresso - it's fantastic. I use valet when I'm expensing the trips, use indoor for personal trips. Quick shuttles and good frequency. Expresso makes OAK a breeze.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:13 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM+, HHonors, Amtrak GuestRewards
I've used Expresso quite a bit and had excellent experiences with them.

During certain busy times, they can fill up (or so I've heard). According to one of their cashiers I spoke with, if you make a reservation on their web site and the outdoor parking is full, they'll park your car indoors. The "reservation" doesn't seem take any information that would let them identify you as the party having a reservation, so I'd probably print out the notice and bring it with.

I've never actually tried to park outside when the lot was full, although I did once when the outdoor lot only had about 5-10 spaces left, so maybe it does happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.