Search

Southwest Airlines to offer red-eye flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Southwest Airlines to offer red-eye flights

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2024/...the-first-time

For the first time in its 57-year history, Southwest Airlines is planning to operate overnight flights, the first being from Las Vegas and Hawaii.While no formal date has been set for the launch of the late-night departures, Southwest’s Chief Commercial Officer, Ryan Green, stated this week that the carrier is aiming to start them in about two years.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:00 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
I figured it was just a matter of time once they started Hawaii. Waking up between 4-6am on the last day of a Hawaii vacation isn’t fun and I was only willing to do it because of the companion pass.
drooley and copperred like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
So instead of getting up early, it will now be necessary to find a place to hang out, keep your luggage until 9 or 10 pm.
jakeller, drooley and N830MH like this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 5:42 pm

This is good news. As of now it's just about impossible to get a flight from Phoenix or the West coast to the east after 3 PM.
N830MH likes this.

Last edited by m907; Mar 27, 2024 at 6:21 pm
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:22 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
There is a reason why eastbound red-eyes are significantly cheaper than daytime flights on the legacies. It's because red-eyes suck. I spend more to fly WN from Hawaii because they offer the ability for me to, occasionally, get home on the East coast on the same day!

This is not exciting news to me because I know WN will charge a premium for these daytime flights.
MrsWLV and hockeystl like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:21 am

Amazing how much buzz they win with last-to-the-dance things like redeyes and power ports. Or having bag tracking customer-facing.

Spasm of innovation. Corporate audacity. Expanding horizons.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
That will be much easier for me. I can take redeye flights from anywhere in West Coast and especially for Hawaii. I am sure they will started redeye flight in 2 years.
joshua362 and nsx like this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by diver858
So instead of getting up early, it will now be necessary to find a place to hang out, keep your luggage until 9 or 10 pm.
use bounce after you check out of your hotel. Explore up country, then grab dinner before heading to airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.