Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Another Boarding Position Head-Shaker & A 2nd Story

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another Boarding Position Head-Shaker & A 2nd Story

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2024, 9:34 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Similar pair this morning for my flights tomorrow, checking in at T-23:59. Since I read this thread I didn't go "WHAT??", just nodded with understanding

LGB/MDW I got A24, MDW/BOS I got A56

Guessing that first flight is going to be pretty empty.
dmbolp likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 10:37 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I would think having someone else's frequent flyer number is very problematic, my understanding is that it links information like birthdate, sex, and Known Traveler information to the passenger.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by synergistic
I'm not sure what you're saying here - that maybe this happened because he accidentally mistyped his son's birthday when he added him? If he entered the birthday correctly, the way I understand the system, it could only link to another Kelly Green that is a complete match including birthday, or it would invent a new Kelly Green with the same birthday.

Edit: I haven't ever done it online, perhaps it doesn't ask for a birthdate and I'm talking in the wrong direction
I honestly don't know if there's a problem at all - I just know that when I put my wife's name into a reservation, her RR# auto-populates and it pulls through her KTN as well. That's actually great...it automatically shows up in her app and she uses Clear/Precheck no problem, but I don't know what the unintended consequences of getting some random incorrect RR# pulled into a reservation would be. Does it overwrite other data even if you entered it correctly? No idea...
synergistic likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 11:57 am

Programs: AS 75K, southwest A+, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire ambassador
My issue with the Rapid Rewards number being greyed out was for the two month companion pass. I typed in my wife’s name and when it came time to add her RR number, that box was grey and I couldn’t add her number. I was told that this was a system generated number, which had been placed in the file 4 days before we were able to add the companion. This happened for both of us, since we named each other as companions.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 1:02 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by dlaue
lots of early bird purchases (especially lately since the 2 free annual early birds on 2023 WN credit cards expired 12/31/23) .
The credit card credits go by card member year, not calendar year.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 11:48 pm

Programs: SWA Alist, Companion Pass
Originally Posted by pinniped
I honestly don't know if there's a problem at all - I just know that when I put my wife's name into a reservation, her RR# auto-populates and it pulls through her KTN as well. That's actually great...it automatically shows up in her app and she uses Clear/Precheck no problem, but I don't know what the unintended consequences of getting some random incorrect RR# pulled into a reservation would be. Does it overwrite other data even if you entered it correctly? No idea...
I realized we had the problem with my Companion's RR number not being matched when I called in to see why my Companion didn't have TSA Pre-check. The agent said that a new RR account had been created when he was added as my companion, and she then added the KTN to the new/duplicate RR account so at least TSA PreCheck would show up when he was traveling on the Companion Fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.