Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie International at BWI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2024, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Newbie International at BWI

Hi, I tried a search but could not find the answer. I'll be flying to the Caribbean on SW from BWI. I entered my passport etc. details on the website but do
we need to physically show our passport at the gate? Other airlines allow you to scan it but I don't see that option. Thank you!
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:24 am

No online passport scanning with Southwest
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:26 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
From: https://www.southwest.com/help/booki...ational-travel

You may enter your passport information during the booking process on Southwest.com any time prior to travel by accessing your reservation online or at the airport on the day of travel. Your passport book must be verified by a Customer Service Agent or kiosk at the ticket counter on the day of travel before a boarding pass is issued. Passport cards and invalid or damaged passports will not be accepted.
jmw likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Thank you. I read that too. Does anyone with experience know if a scanned passport at Kiosk is sufficient or do I need to actually show a ticket agent?
Old Jan 18, 2024, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by marlin
Thank you. I read that too. Does anyone with experience know if a scanned passport at Kiosk is sufficient or do I need to actually show a ticket agent?
Expect to show it at the Gate while boarding
Old Jan 18, 2024, 9:02 am

Being asked to show a physical Passport is never beyond the realm of possibility.

Pending a single token of authentication employed at various automated touchpoints, from bag-drop to immigration and boarding.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 9:37 am

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
They typically want to make sure that you have your passport on you when you are boarding the plane as they do not want the hassle of taking care of (and providing a seat on the return flight to) folks who cannot enter the destination country
LegalTender and sushanna1 like this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Understood. Thank you. I was just trying to understand if I need extra time at check in to wait in line to see an agent but It sounds fine to use a kiosk and
show when asked.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
little bit of extra info here> Mobile boarding pass for int’l flights
marlin likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by dmbolp
Expect to show it at the Gate while boarding
Right! They still required. You have show your passport to the gate agent during boarding time.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 6:08 am

You scan your passport at kiosk, and print your boarding passes.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by obolon
Which airport does WN have Kiosks to scan passport?
Old Feb 3, 2024, 5:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, WN RapidRewards, DL SkyMiles, UA Mileage Plus, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by LegalTender
Being asked to show a physical Passport is never beyond the realm of possibility.

Pending a single token of authentication employed at various automated touchpoints, from bag-drop to immigration and boarding.
Even on airlines where you can do mobile check-in for international flights, you still get asked to show your passport at the gate, like, 100% of the time.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 1:46 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by obolon
Probably better to say “You CAN scan your passport at a kiosk in order to print your tags and boarding pass. However, this is not the same as a passport check before boarding.”
Old Feb 5, 2024, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by fergiethefocus
Even on airlines where you can do mobile check-in for international flights, you still get asked to show your passport at the gate, like, 100% of the time.
ATL-CUN last WED on Delta, only had to do their FlightReady process of clicking on a link beforehand stating my loaded passport info was still correct, nothing required at the gate as we just had to look into the camera
fergiethefocus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.