Community
Wiki Posts
Search

funds transfer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2024, 11:23 am
Original Poster

funds transfer

I had a family member pass away recently. I had booked an anytime fare for him.

I would like to transfer the funds back to me.

I created a rapid rewards account for him.

I used this page to pull up the funds: https://mobile.southwest.com/travel-funds/look-up

I then clicked on the "Transfer to someone else" button and it asks me to log in.

I log in using his account that I created and I get this error: "Looks like you have entered an invalid Username/Account Number and/or Password. Please try again."

I'm able to use the same username and password to correctly log in on southwest.com.

Any idea why this wouldn't work?
Old Jan 16, 2024, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

I was able to call in and have them book a flight for me with the funds.

And then I canceled the flight so I now have the funds in my account.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 1:51 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
AT is fully refundable. The credit should go back to the card card used. Don't know why you had to go through all the above.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 3:15 pm
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Since the RR# wasn't included at the time of the original booking, there is a 2 step process to transfer.
Funds can only be transferred member to member. Since the fund was created without any RR#, First you have to associate the fund to the new RR#. Then, you can transfer the fund to another RR member.

1. Log in with the new account (name on that account must match the name on the fund)
2. Go to payments tab on My Account and Look up the fund
3. Click the "Add to My Account" button
4. The fund will now display in the payments section of the new RR MyAccount
5. The fund should have the "Transfer to Someone else" button, which you can now use to transfer to another RR member
screeton and avogadro like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.