Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Week of WOW" promo: earn 2X points on flights register by 1/14/2024, book between 1/

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Week of WOW" promo: earn 2X points on flights register by 1/14/2024, book between 1/

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2024, 7:25 am
dc2
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott: LTP

Earn double Rapid RewardsŪ points when you register by 1/14/2024, book between 1/12/2024 and 1/14/2024, and fly by 5/22/24.
From the fine print: Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion PassŪ qualification.

The fine print:
Terms and Conditions
*Earn double Rapid Rewards points when you register between 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time (“CT”) on January 11, 2024 and 11:59 p.m. CST on January 14, 2024 (the “Registration Period”), book a qualifying flight on Southwest Airlines between 12:01 a.m. CST on January 12, 2024 and 11:59 p.m. CST on January 14, 2024 (the “Booking Period”), and then fly between 12:01 a.m. CST on January 12, 2024 and 11:59 p.m. CST on May 22, 2024 (the “Travel Period”). To register for this promotion, you will need to provide your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of registration. If you do not have a Rapid Rewards account number, you may register for an account by going online to Southwest.com/rapidrewards. Rapid Rewards accounts are free. Once you complete and submit the enrollment form, you will be automatically registered for this promotion if all eligibility requirements are met. Member must register for this promotion during the Registration Period, and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Member’s qualifying flight(s) must be booked through Southwest Airlines during the Booking Period for travel during the Travel Period. Member’s flight(s) must be completed during the Travel Period. Member’s Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking Member’s qualifying flight to earn double Rapid Rewards points for that flight. A qualifying flight is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections or a round trip revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal. Travel booked and/or flown prior to registration for this promotion is not eligible for the double points offer. Rapid Rewards earned points are calculated using base fare. Member will receive 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business SelectŪ fares, 10 bonus points per dollar spent on Anytime fares, eight bonus points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away PlusŪ fares, and six bonus points per dollar spent on Wanna Get AwayŪ fares. Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion PassŪ qualification. Member will receive bonus Rapid Rewards points within 72 hours after completion of entire ticket. Charter flights, group travel, Companion Pass, Southwest VacationsŪ packages, and reward travel do not qualify for promotion. Valid on Southwest Airlines published, scheduled service. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion. This promotion cannot be combined with any other promotion. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply and can be found at Southwest.com/rrterms. SouthwestŪ reserves the right to amend, suspend, or change the Rapid Rewards program and/or Rapid Rewards program rules at any time without notice. Rapid Rewards Members do not acquire property rights in accrued points. The number of Rapid Rewards points needed for a particular Southwest flight is set by Southwest and will vary depending on destination, time, day of travel, demand, fare type, point redemption rate, and other factors, and is subject to change at any time until the booking is confirmed.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 7:28 am

Hopes raised and dashed, would have made good use of a TQP/CP bonus to start off the year
dc2 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 9:32 am

Programs: UA Silver
By this date in January in past years there were some good bonus opportunities. This year, not so much. WOW! is sort of wow at best.
dc2 likes this.

Last edited by geo979; Jan 12, 2024 at 3:39 pm
Old Jan 12, 2024, 9:46 am

While existing bookings do not earn points, if the flights today are the same price as when booked, I could cancel my existing and re-book correct? It would be via flight funds though, but was originally paid via credit cart (revenue earning). What if I instead just change the flight, selecting the same flight in the process, but now my "booking date" now has the new date, rather than my original booking date?

Just trying to figure it out to earn double on my existing flights, as I have two round trips during this time, and the prices are the same for all of them.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by dprocuk
While existing bookings do not earn points, if the flights today are the same price as when booked, I could cancel my existing and re-book correct? It would be via flight funds though, but was originally paid via credit cart (revenue earning). What if I instead just change the flight, selecting the same flight in the process, but now my "booking date" now has the new date, rather than my original booking date?

Just trying to figure it out to earn double on my existing flights, as I have two round trips during this time, and the prices are the same for all of them.
cancel existing flight and rebook with travel funds - yes that certainly works

change? - might work, don't know if we have past data points, and recently it seems that some traditional processes work for some promos but not for others. So best to cancel and rebook.
synergistic, jmw and dc2 like this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 4:27 pm

Just re-read the OP, bonus points DON'T count towards CP or AL (the bold)...no worth it to me to reprice a bunch of flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.