Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

December Southwest App & Website Enhancements

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2023, 9:14 pm
Company Representative, Southwest Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards

Hello Southwest FlyerTalkers!

Your digital experience just got upgraded with our December release to our app and website.

Here are a few helpful updates to make your travel with us even easier:
  • Digital Same Day Change has Landed! Premium fares that include same day change benefits - including Wanna Get Away Plus, Anytime, and Business Select, as well as A-List and A-List Preferred members, can now change to a different available flight within the same market on the day of travel within the app with just a few taps. Customers on a Wanna Get Away Fare that do not yet have tier status can also easily use this experience and pay any fare difference. Look for this feature on the day of travel when you view your trip details in the app or mobile website. View an example here. Learn more about this benefit.
  • Improved Same Day Standby Seat Information. We’ve added the number of open seats and the number of already listed Customers to our Digital Same Day Standby flow. This makes it even easier to choose which flight to use our new Free Same Day Standby feature. View an example here. Learn more about this benefit.
  • Digital Split a Reservation Improvements. Earlier this year, we made it easy to split up a multi-passenger trip when you need to change or cancel your trip. Now, you can do this for trips that include minors (ages 2-18), and the system will ensure that each child remains with an adult. View an example here.
  • Improved Rapid Rewards content. We’ve updated our informational content to be more mobile-friendly. We hope this makes it even easier to lear about your award winning loyalty program. We also continue to make your account even more mobile friendly. Check it out here
Note - not all all trips may be eligible for these features. Please refer to the app or website for all terms and conditions.

We hope you enjoy these new enhancement and as always, thank you for flying with Southwest! Plus, a huge thank you to all the Southwest Team members that helped bring these improvements to the skies.

With LUV,

Your Southwest Team
FindAWay, jjbiv and benfro6 like this.

Last edited by swaMark; Dec 6, 2023 at 9:19 pm
Old Dec 7, 2023, 2:17 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Any chance of ever showing the city or cities that you stop in on direct flights on the flights page
m907, avogadro, dlaue and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 7:19 am

Nice. Thanks for the good work.

I usually fly with a companion. The app won't allow me to even see the options unless I cancel my companion ticket which I obviously won't do.

It would be nice if you let me see the options but prevent me from actually making the change until I cancel the companion ticket.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
Any chance of ever showing the city or cities that you stop in on direct flights on the flights page
I share your frustration. But this is a good alternative:

https://www.flightconnections.com/ro...st-airlines-wn
Old Dec 7, 2023, 7:24 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
You can do this on the webpage. Just click on the little thing that says "1 stop".
nsx and chessman like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.