Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wow50 Promo: 50% off points or cash, purchase by 9/29 (extended, was 9/28)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2023, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Silver, Best Western Diamond, Booking.com Genius Level 3, WN A-List + Companion Pass

"Week of Wow" 50% Off (press release)

Last edited by ftnoob; Sep 26, 2023 at 10:51 pm Reason: Link to home page won't be apropos for long
Old Sep 26, 2023, 10:05 am

Wow50 Promo Question

The fine print states that it's valid for new bookings only, so using the change option on my existing booking will not work. There is a different flight on the same day that shows availability with the promo. If I were to cancel and re-book using the promo, would it be a violation of WN rules? Nice savings but not worth causing any problems.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 10:09 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by flyfreeorflycheap
The fine print states that it's valid for new bookings only, so using the change option on my existing booking will not work. There is a different flight on the same day that shows availability with the promo. If I were to cancel and re-book using the promo, would it be a violation of WN rules? Nice savings but not worth causing any problems.
Definitely cancel and rebook. If you prefer your original flight time, rebook the WGA+ fare and switch your flight at midnight on the day of travel. You will board late and get a middle seat due to missing T-24 check-in.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 10:14 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
It may not supposed to work, but I changed an existing promo that was paid for by cash and got the cash back as Southwest credit as expected.

EDIT: I had a problem with a point based change taking a while to get the points back, but after about an hour it was corrected. So I was able to change and use the promo pricing.

Last edited by pitflyer; Sep 26, 2023 at 10:21 am
Old Sep 26, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I changed about 10 flights this am and only one gave me an error message that looked more like the flight I had booked was no longer scheduled. The original flight was still showing on a new booking, so I just booked a new flight in that instance and cancelled the original one. All others were straight change with the points or credit returned.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 11:40 am

Did not require rebooking on multiple flights, IME.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Definitely cancel and rebook. If you prefer your original flight time, rebook the WGA+ fare and switch your flight at midnight on the day of travel. You will board late and get a middle seat due to missing T-24 check-in.
Cancelled and rebooked WGA+ with travel funds.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver
I "changed" many flights. Didn't have to cancel and rebook a single flight.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I just changed a few flights - no issues on most. A couple yielded a weird error message like I'd selected an invalid date, even though the dates were within the period and not blacked out.

The WOW50 fares also show up when you do a full calendar view. Helpful for finding valid dates on new bookings.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
SW.com has left the building...
Old Sep 26, 2023, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
This sale is one of the better ones - check those refares! Just redeposited thousands of RR points.
birdiedouble and dlaue like this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Had no difficultly re-booking using the usual Change button. Seems like a non-issue. If it helps just apply the code on a dummy search before you rebook.
birdiedouble likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 10:54 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I was able to reduce fares on most of my 2024 flights.
italdesign likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 1:25 pm

It looks like the cost of WGA+ is cut to $10 extra.
nsx likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by m907
It looks like the cost of WGA+ is cut to $10 extra.
Wouldnt $100/$120 turn into $50/$60?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.