Wiki Posts
Search

CP promotion Same day Standby?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2023, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
CP promotion Same day Standby?

Hello all. I registered for the Jan/Feb companion pass promo. I'm flying a roundtrip to PHX and back. If I go Same Day Standby to catch an earlier flight back, will that mess up my promo since I"m changing flights after the promo booking window?
Old Sep 19, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
In the past, that type of change has not affected the promotion earning.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 1:40 pm

Note, however, that the FAQ's WN published with the promo would suggest that these changes will void the promo. No way to know for sure. I know that people have been asking for data points in the other thread, but no one has yet provided one.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zachary
Note, however, that the FAQ's WN published with the promo would suggest that these changes will void the promo. No way to know for sure. I know that people have been asking for data points in the other thread, but no one has yet provided one.
I won't chance it then. It's not urgent that I get back earlier, just convenient.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

I guess we will get a data point now. I had an issue at home and needed to get out earlier. Went standby on the 10 am.

We shall see what happens.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 7:37 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I had a chance to do this yesterday and chickened out. Good luck and let us know.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 8:28 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PP
I did a Same Day Confirmed flight change early Wednesday for a flight needed for this promotion. I received the email saying I got the promo companion pass the next day.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kstateinALB
I did a Same Day Confirmed flight change early Wednesday for a flight needed for this promotion. I received the email saying I got the promo companion pass the next day.
Hmm. I still haven’t received the email.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 6:16 pm

Programs: A3 Silver, Best Western Diamond, Booking.com Genius Level 3, WN A-List + Companion Pass
I am waiting to receive the email to confirmation also, but I did chat with a representative on the app after the completion of my flight, and she said that it did qualify; we shall see.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

I just finished a DM chat via X. It has been two weeks since my flight and no email. I gave her the reference number and date booked. It took her a bit and she returned and said because I made a same day change, I voided the offer. However, she was able to pull some strings and I still got the promo CP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.