Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated SWA Gift Cards / e-GCs @ Costco / costco.com thread (alive now @450/500)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated SWA Gift Cards / e-GCs @ Costco / costco.com thread (alive now @450/500)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2023, 12:56 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Just noticed this is now a scrolling banner across the home page for me at costco.com with the last day of 7/2/23 and a limit of 5.

I guess they are serious for now. Whether its permanent or a new deal will popup is anyone's guess...

Old Jun 29, 2023, 2:53 pm
jmw

Costco doesn't sell Alaska Airlines gift cards right now like in the past.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 3:44 pm

Perhaps they sell one airline's cards exclusively at a time? I guess we'll find out on 7/3.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 9:27 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I bought some a month or so ago for $429 - I don't understand this $449 now as being a "sale" - if they sell them at par ($500) usually, why would anyone bother to buy them (I guess as gifts) but certainly not to use them to pay for your own flights?

Think they'll be $429 again anytime soon? What has their pattern been?
Old Jul 2, 2023, 11:01 am

Just got a Costco email with this header:

"Deals End TONIGHT! Plus, Last Day to Grab Your Southwest Airlines eGift Card."

My total guess and speculation is that the entire product its going away for a time. They have a reputation for switching vendors when they don't get the margins they want. Hope I am wrong...
Old Jul 2, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, WN CP AList
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I bought some a month or so ago for $429 - I don't understand this $449 now as being a "sale" - if they sell them at par ($500) usually, why would anyone bother to buy them (I guess as gifts) but certainly not to use them to pay for your own flights?

Think they'll be $429 again anytime soon? What has their pattern been?
They have consistently offered them at $449 with very occasional sales at $429. I am unaware that they ever said the $449 was going away so this is new.
nsx likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 7:46 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I think they might be discontinued.

I just went on the Costco website, under "search products" I put in Southwest Airlines gift cards, airline gift cards...nothing... then went into my recent purchases and hit "buy again" for the WN cards and it came up that "some items are no longer available for purchase".
Old Jul 5, 2023, 8:18 am

For fun, I went on 7/3 and was able to add 5 to my cart despite the 7/2 end date all over their site. Thought I had wrote about it here, but I guess not. They are gone for sure now.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 10:45 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, WN CP AList

A friend just sent me this photo from the Almaden Costco in San Jose, CA.
joshua362 and jmw like this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Bearbear

A friend just sent me this photo from the Almaden Costco in San Jose, CA.
actually that is a good sign, usually discontinued products are re-priced to end in 97 cents, something they've done for years. There is a website and email push devoted to it:

https://costco97.com/start-here/
Bearbear likes this.

Last edited by joshua362; Jul 7, 2023 at 2:56 pm Reason: typo & link
Old Jul 11, 2023, 6:00 pm

I've only been doing southwest for a year or so. I kind of assumed the costco card deal to be a constant.

How long had they been available until they got pulled?

Have they pulled them before for periods of time?

Basically, I'm wondering if should I expect them to come back at some point or if I should try to find some physical cards remaining in a store.

BTW, I see that they're available at Sam's Club for a slight discount: https://www.samsclub.com/p/southwest...ts/prod8840060
Old Jul 11, 2023, 10:03 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by avogadro
I've only been doing southwest for a year or so. I kind of assumed the costco card deal to be a constant.

How long had they been available until they got pulled?

Have they pulled them before for periods of time?

Basically, I'm wondering if should I expect them to come back at some point or if I should try to find some physical cards remaining in a store.

BTW, I see that they're available at Sam's Club for a slight discount: https://www.samsclub.com/p/southwest...ts/prod8840060
As of this week, Costco in both Norcal and SoCal have the $500 cards for $450 in store for purchase.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 10:33 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

As of yesterday (July 11), they were still available in at least one Central Texas Costco. On another recent post-Jul 2 date they were still available at a different Central Texas Costco location.

Another clue to a product being "deleted" (Costco's term) is an asterisk after the price. There is no asterisk on the SWA gift card price signs I have seen. I do expect them to be deleted at some point, and then return at some future point.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 10:37 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I bought some a month or so ago for $429 - I don't understand this $449 now as being a "sale"
I haven't seen the term "sale" used on any SWA $449 signage at any Costco.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
On sale again for $449.99. Two days only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.