Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting behavior

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2023, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards A+, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Honors, IHG Rewards
Interesting behavior

If you were passenger A03 on the PDX to DEN flight yesterday morning. I heard you complaining about pre-boards and how they break the rules and such. I then followed you onto the plane and watched you place both items in the overhead. After the gate agent repeatedly announced it was a completely full flight and to please, please, please only place one bag up there. One bag, no coats, etc. Odd play for a supposed stickler for the rules.
lougord99 and screeton like this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Not surprised at all.

It is all about NUMBER ONE - ME!
nancypants and KRSW like this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 10:00 am

Programs: DL MM Gold
Complaining about rules breakers carries no obligation to be a rules stickler one's self.

Some gripers just gripe because they were thwarted when they planned to do the exact thing.

Those folks also HATE through pax, who have "stolen" all the good seats without being "worthy" enough to have an A03.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 4:37 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
https://www.theonion.com/report-98-p...ans-1819565837
joshua362, steved5480 and pinniped like this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 5:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Or his logic may be if they don’t follow rules, why should I. Thus the complaining was to justify his action.
Old May 1, 2023, 5:48 am

Programs: Southwest Airlines, Marriot
All pre boards should have to sit at the back of the plane....
Old May 1, 2023, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Blitzjb
All pre boards should have to sit at the back of the plane....
I was on a flight recently with a big group of middle school kids traveling for some school trip. Of course they all had C boarding cards, were scattered throughout the plane, and took forever to get loaded, seated, and ready to go. They were mainly in middle seats between strangers, often trying to talk to their friends in other middle seats ahead of and behind them.

I wondered exactly this: why couldn't Southwest have preboarded them all with instructions to fill in from the back rows of the plane? They would have been together, basically out of the way of everyone else, and wouldn't have bottlenecked getting the cabin settled for departure. Doing this would have reduced the "value" of a few late-B boarding pass holders, but none of the BS / A-List/ EBCI / etc. fliers would be affected, so on the whole I would think this would be a better solution for (almost) everyone.
LegalTender and screeton like this.
Old May 1, 2023, 10:20 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I'm pretty sure I've seen this done before with Boy Scout troops and sports teams.

And its always funny to see a grown man in a scouting uniform shorts so you don't mind the "cut" as much.

Must be at the discretion of a (smarter) Gate Agent.
Old May 1, 2023, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
I was on a flight recently with a big group of middle school kids traveling for some school trip. Of course they all had C boarding cards, were scattered throughout the plane, and took forever to get loaded, seated, and ready to go. They were mainly in middle seats between strangers, often trying to talk to their friends in other middle seats ahead of and behind them.

I wondered exactly this: why couldn't Southwest have preboarded them all with instructions to fill in from the back rows of the plane? They would have been together, basically out of the way of everyone else, and wouldn't have bottlenecked getting the cabin settled for departure. Doing this would have reduced the "value" of a few late-B boarding pass holders, but none of the BS / A-List/ EBCI / etc. fliers would be affected, so on the whole I would think this would be a better solution for (almost) everyone.
The group probbaly didn't say anything so no one noticed until they boarded with their normal boarding positions. By then it's too late to do anything. If they would have asked, I think they would have been allowed to board and sit in the back or board after the As had all boarded.
Old May 2, 2023, 1:34 pm

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
Allowing a group to board and sit in the back of the plane gets them out of the way of regular passengers, and it becomes a value-added service for the group, because when they can sit together and visit, its generally a more pleasant trip. Again, the key is to enforce the "seat from rear of plane" rule.
Old May 10, 2023, 6:59 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Yet another benefit of going to the back- I could put two golf bags back there if I'd wanted and nobody'd likely say a word (which is useful 'cause I'm too tall for my laptop bag to be under my seat unless I'm trying to play the game of "trip the FAs" 'cause my feet would be in the aisle).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.