Search

SWA388 Return to Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
SWA388 Return to Airport BNA-TPA 28JUN

Hey all,

While I wasn’t on this flight my flight out of BNA this morning was delayed by a ground hold due to SWA388’s being in distress and returning to the airport, just wondering if anyone has insight to what was going on.

GPF

Last edited by GreatPlainsFlyer; Jun 27, 2022 at 2:27 pm
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...020Z/KBNA/KBNA

Look like it took off, went right into a hold for about an hour, maybe to burn off fuel/ weight, then landed. No idea why.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
FYI - this was an early morning Nashville-Tampa flight. (helps to put detail in subject line)

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...020Z/KBNA/KBNA

Did some local news search, nothing found.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:38 pm

Unreal what is available on the internet. Liveatc.net, archive recording of KBNA tower at 1100Z this morning. What I could piece together:

Sounds like their flaps got stuck open at 15 degrees and had to return and land "hot" with emergency equipment following them in case of hot brakes. They did stay on the runway for a while to let the brakes cool, took 30 minutes to get back to the gate. I'm sure there's more detail on the departure frequencies from 1000Z to 1100Z

Operations seemed to continue on the other runways during all of this, was your delay that bad?
LegalTender, wrp96, jjbiv and 4 others like this.

Last edited by joshua362; Jun 27, 2022 at 2:52 pm
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by joshua362
Unreal what is available on the internet. Liveatc.net, archive recording of KBNA tower at 1100Z this morning. What I could piece together:

Sounds like their flaps got stuck open at 15 degrees and had to return and land "hot" with emergency equipment following them in case of hot brakes. They did stay on the runway for a while, took 30 minutes to get back to the gate. I'm sure there's more detail on the departure frequencies from 1000Z to 1100Z
Remarkable sleuthing. Many thanks for this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:24 pm

Its available here:

https://www.liveatc.net/archive.php
Feed: KBNA Tower
Time: 1100-1130Z

They land about 13 min in, listen for "Southwest 388"

Blows my mind that you can't bring a bottle of water on a plane yet the real time & historical movements and coordinates of every commercial aircraft is available for free to anyone with a few clicks...
m907 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Its available here:

Blows my mind that you can't bring a bottle of water on a plane yet the real time & historical movements and coordinates of every commercial aircraft is available for free to anyone with a few clicks...
Also easy to see from a city street... if you can figure out what I might be saying.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Its available here:

I'm sure you know this, and I am just being pedantic, but you certainly can bring a bottle of water on a plane. You just can't bring it through security.
joshua362 and jjbiv like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
I'm sure you know this, and I am just being pedantic, but you certainly can bring a bottle of water on a plane. You just can't bring it through security.
...unless frozen. (Assuming they didn't close the Britney Spears loophole.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.