Search

"Unavailable"

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022 | 8:59 am
Original Poster
10 Years on Site

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred
"Unavailable"

I'm looking at some travel the last two weeks of June and suddenly within the past couple days I noticed a whole wall of "Unavailable" flights in all four price categories where I've been actively monitoring. Specifically, looking at BWI, MDW, DEN, SEA. Could this mean a schedule change is coming soon? I can't imagine they all suddenly sold out in one day (wouldn't they say Sold Out instead?) and I didn't see any '2 left' '3 left' notes in the days leading up to seeing this. Anyone else seeing this recently for travel on or around 6/24?
Old Jun 9, 2022 | 9:02 am

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a...003954316.html

This is probably the answer to your question. They're probably in the process of pulling flights now.
Old Jun 9, 2022 | 9:55 am
Original Poster
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by vike16
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a...003954316.html

This is probably the answer to your question. They're probably in the process of pulling flights now.
Yay /s

Thx for sharing. Honestly nothing I was looking at was great timing-wise, so maybe if they shuffle I'll like the sched better.
Old Jun 10, 2022 | 12:35 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by Marko123
Yay /s

Thx for sharing. Honestly nothing I was looking at was great timing-wise, so maybe if they shuffle I'll like the sched better.

generally not when 2-3 weeks before booking. Most of the schedule changes occur 8-10 weeks out.

2-3 weeks is more involving actual ticket bookings and planes being sold out or capped to only bs/ any.

they coukd be capping some flight due to inevitable schedule problems leaving room for rebooking…especially at hub cities
Old Jun 10, 2022 | 1:27 pm
Original Poster
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by djp98374
generally not when 2-3 weeks before booking. Most of the schedule changes occur 8-10 weeks out.

2-3 weeks is more involving actual ticket bookings and planes being sold out or capped to only bs/ any.

they coukd be capping some flight due to inevitable schedule problems leaving room for rebookingespecially at hub cities
I see, thanks. I checked just now and some flights are popping back up as available but I think you're onto something with them capping in case of schedule problems.
Old Jun 10, 2022 | 7:18 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by Marko123
I see, thanks. I checked just now and some flights are popping back up as available but I think you're onto something with them capping in case of schedule problems.

they dont want to lose customers because they are stuck for days due to cancelled flights and filled planes. I think they are capping sales at around 90%+ leaving 10-15 seats open.
Old Jun 13, 2022 | 3:28 pm
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines
15 Years on Site

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
I was out of office last week (enjoying some quality time in Vegas), and didn't see any emails or announcements - but looking at this and another thread where Bus Sel and Anytime were sold out, but WGA and WGAplus were available, I would guess this was an issue with fare/fare family rules.
Old Jun 13, 2022 | 5:09 pm
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by SWAVictor
I was out of office last week (enjoying some quality time in Vegas), and didn't see any emails or announcements - but looking at this and another thread where Bus Sel and Anytime were sold out, but WGA and WGAplus were available, I would guess this was an issue with fare/fare family rules.
I had an interesting time booking a flight a couple of nights ago. Every single non-stop LAS/BUR on 7/2 had a RR price of 3427 points. When I selected a flight and pushed continue, the price popped up to 4941 points with an explanation that prices change quickly. The same thing was true for cash prices. I checked the prices for both 7/1 and 7/3. The prices didn't change midway through booking. I booked 7/2 at the inflated pricing. Then, immediately called the A-list phone number. The agent recreated the same issue. After getting permission from someone above her, she re-booked me at the lower points price. Thank you, Amber!

Why would this issue happen?

BTW, I checked the pricing again in the morning and all the flights were showing the higher price.
Old Jun 13, 2022 | 10:28 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
20 Years on Site

Programs: WN A-list preferred, United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by NextTrip
I had an interesting time booking a flight a couple of nights ago. Every single non-stop LAS/BUR on 7/2 had a RR price of 3427 points. When I selected a flight and pushed continue, the price popped up to 4941 points with an explanation that prices change quickly. The same thing was true for cash prices. I checked the prices for both 7/1 and 7/3. The prices didn't change midway through booking. I booked 7/2 at the inflated pricing. Then, immediately called the A-list phone number. The agent recreated the same issue. After getting permission from someone above her, she re-booked me at the lower points price. Thank you, Amber!

Why would this issue happen?

BTW, I checked the pricing again in the morning and all the flights were showing the higher price.
If it happened around midnight central time, the prices were changing but displays were out of sync. When this happens it's important to phone immediately so the agent can see the lower fare, then you will get it.
Old Jun 14, 2022 | 7:28 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines
15 Years on Site

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by nsx
If it happened around midnight central time, the prices were changing but displays were out of sync. When this happens it's important to phone immediately so the agent can see the lower fare, then you will get it.
It can happen whenever new fares are being loaded (which happens multiple times a day, but midnight is probably the largest fare load of the day, for the least disruption) - the "shopping call" is out of synch with the "pricing call", in other words, the new fares are already loaded to pricing, but not to shopping. It catches up once the fare load is complete, which is why when you checked in the morning the the higher fares were displayed.
screeton likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.