Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Travel Credits CAN be extended for 6 months if requested 6/1/22 to 12/31/22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Credits CAN be extended for 6 months if requested 6/1/22 to 12/31/22

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2022, 12:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Do you have to have the voucher codes handy or can they just look up all the expired credits under your RR account?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by iceman77_7
Do you have to have the voucher codes handy or can they just look up all the expired credits under your RR account?
Pretty sure I had to read them the confirmation numbers of the ones I wanted converted to LUV vouchers.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Update on mine I called them again today. Agent said that she can see that somebody touched the request on July 13 (almost a week ago) but it has not yet been completed and issued. She said it could take up to 45 days now.

Why the heck would somebody start working on it and then stop and not finish it? Makes no sense to me.
Ugh. I have a flight credit that really only needed to be extended a week so I could use it. It'll be two weeks tomorrow since I chatted with an agent, trip is now 47 days away.

Guess I'll be paying for this flight and see if there's another way to use the extended credit.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
I am at 40 days now and still nothing has been issued. I’ve called and asked them to escalate it but still nothing.

I have almost zero faith in getting the voucher at this point and I’m not sure who else to even try to contact since the phone reservation agents can’t do much other than pass along the message to corporate who is in change to processing and issuing the LUV vouchers.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:51 am

I am at 40 days now and still nothing has been issued. I’ve called and asked them to escalate it but still nothing.

I have almost zero faith in getting the voucher at this point and I’m not sure who else to even try to contact since the phone reservation agents can’t do much other than pass along the message to corporate who is in change to processing and issuing the LUV vouchers.
Don't understand this post. It has already been said here multiple times that current estimates from southwest are 45 business days. Why would you say after 40 calendar days that you have zero faith in getting it?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by dblumenhoff
Don't understand this post. It has already been said here multiple times that current estimates from southwest are 45 business days. Why would you say after 40 calendar days that you have zero faith in getting it?
Because when I originally called to request it they were quoting 15-30 days. Also, others here have reported getting theirs in less than 2 weeks recently.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:37 am

I have a $24 credit expiring in August, my daughter has the same $24 credit. I know previously it was $100 to extend the credit. So I would have lost these since I can't use them before August. However once they expire can I request a credit extension on these? If I can, it seems like it maybe best to wait until December so they are good longer. It's not much money but any little bit can help.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by MF2013
I have a $24 credit expiring in August, my daughter has the same $24 credit. I know previously it was $100 to extend the credit. So I would have lost these since I can't use them before August. However once they expire can I request a credit extension on these? If I can, it seems like it maybe best to wait until December so they are good longer. It's not much money but any little bit can help.
then may as well wait til last wk of Dec
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
then may as well wait til last wk of Dec
Unless of course this "unpublished" policy ends up changing. My suggestion is to covert as soon as the funds expire to avoid any future risk.
lougord99 likes this.

Last edited by Stu2000; Jul 26, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:32 am

I have two funds that will expire soon, one like tomorrow and one in a couple months. Right now the expiration dates on them are busted, and I can't remember which was which - here's hoping they can't figure it how to fix it at all =p
Failing that, if it turns out the fund I took the $5.60 for my Monday flight was the one that expires tomorrow, I hope they let me reinstate the booking with the right fund and without hassles.

Edit: wow, I didn't see that coming at all!! Transferable AND eternal!!

Last edited by synergistic; Jul 28, 2022 at 7:19 am
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:24 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
How does this new “no expiration” policy apply to already expired funds? I have over $1K of funds that expired in May that I was waiting until November to ask to be converted j to a LUV voucher. I’m assuming this policy will remain the same?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by ymx
How does this new “no expiration” policy apply to already expired funds? I have over $1K of funds that expired in May that I was waiting until November to ask to be converted j to a LUV voucher. I’m assuming this policy will remain the same?
The new policy seems to make the unofficial voucher policy obsolete. At least going forward. I wonder if they'll just stop doing the vouchers right away. Maybe they got swamped with people asking for $5.60 vouchers and just said forget it.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by libralibra
The new policy seems to make the unofficial voucher policy obsolete. At least going forward. I wonder if they'll just stop doing the vouchers right away. Maybe they got swamped with people asking for $5.60 vouchers and just said forget it.
I am going on 43 days since I requested my expired travel fund be converted to LUV voucher. Still nothing.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 4:41 pm

I am going on 43 days since I requested my expired travel fund be converted to LUV voucher. Still nothing.
Hopefully it'll come thru and since there's no concern about using it up in 6 months anymore, try not to sweat it. Mine expires in Dec but I assume if I can't use it, I can just book and cancel to turn it into non-expiring travel funds.

btw, my voucher was issued this month but has an expiration of Dec, meaning it's 2 wks off. Seems like there's some delay between initial processing and approval, and the actual issuing of the voucher. Maybe that's what's happening in your case.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
But now it doesn't matter: Travel funds no longer expire!

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.