Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A-List w/ Companion with late B boarding...

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2022, 5:15 pm
was jgoggan
Original Poster

Programs: WN 650k+CP; BA 200k; AA 200k; HHonors 450k; IHG 300k Plat; Bonvoy 250k; Rad 225k
Question A-List w/ Companion with late B boarding...

So, tomorrow, I have a flight from GRR to SJC that stops in Chicago. I am A-List and my wife is my CP. Something was a bit "funny" with check-in today. Normally, A-List and the CP get auto-checked in early, of course. Today, at 24 hours before my GRR flight, I went to double-check and when I opened the website to confirm checkin, it said that my "reservation was not ticketed", so I couldn't check-in and to call a CSR. I checked the app too and it said a similar message. So, I called and they confirmed that the check-in system was down today, but she said she'd check my status. She looked and confirmed that I had A-18 for GRR and my CP had A-19. All seems good. But the she said that we hadn't been checked in for our Chicago to SJC leg yet because of the outage - but it should happen automatically soon.

I just checked it now and we have late-B boarding for MDW-SJC. And that's a pretty long flight, so I'd really like to be a little earlier on the plane. (I simply like to sit forward of the engines for noise reasons. Otherwise, I'm not that picky about seats really.)

I couldn't remember how this worked, so I searched and I believe that A-Listers who do not get an A boarding are still allowed to board after A60, but before Family Boarding. Is that accurate?

My question is: does that apply to the CP also? Again, when the system works, the CP gets checked in early now too -- at 36 hours. But, with things being funny today, it appears that didn't happen for either of us, so we got late B boarding for that 2nd leg. Can my CP also board with me after the As? Is the CP considered "A-List" for this situation since they also didn't get an A slot?

Thanks!
Old May 1, 2022, 6:00 pm

Just save a seat for your companion. Doesn’t really matter when they board.
Old May 2, 2022, 7:50 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by jgoggan
So, tomorrow, I have a flight from GRR to SJC that stops in Chicago. I am A-List and my wife is my CP. Something was a bit "funny" with check-in today. Normally, A-List and the CP get auto-checked in early, of course. Today, at 24 hours before my GRR flight, I went to double-check and when I opened the website to confirm checkin, it said that my "reservation was not ticketed", so I couldn't check-in and to call a CSR. I checked the app too and it said a similar message. So, I called and they confirmed that the check-in system was down today, but she said she'd check my status. She looked and confirmed that I had A-18 for GRR and my CP had A-19. All seems good. But the she said that we hadn't been checked in for our Chicago to SJC leg yet because of the outage - but it should happen automatically soon.

I just checked it now and we have late-B boarding for MDW-SJC. And that's a pretty long flight, so I'd really like to be a little earlier on the plane. (I simply like to sit forward of the engines for noise reasons. Otherwise, I'm not that picky about seats really.)

I couldn't remember how this worked, so I searched and I believe that A-Listers who do not get an A boarding are still allowed to board after A60, but before Family Boarding. Is that accurate?

My question is: does that apply to the CP also? Again, when the system works, the CP gets checked in early now too -- at 36 hours. But, with things being funny today, it appears that didn't happen for either of us, so we got late B boarding for that 2nd leg. Can my CP also board with me after the As? Is the CP considered "A-List" for this situation since they also didn't get an A slot?

Thanks!
We indeed had a checkin issue with our back end system yesterday. All should be resolved today, and I apologize for the inconvenience.
Old May 2, 2022, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Just save a seat for your companion. Doesn’t really matter when they board.
Yes, just save a seat. Nobody is gonna bother you when you are saving a MIDDLE seat. LOL!
m907 likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by SWAVictor
We indeed had a checkin issue with our back end system yesterday. All should be resolved today, and I apologize for the inconvenience.
DOes that mean that Boarding Positions will be corrected?
Old May 2, 2022, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by jgoggan

Thanks!
I'd check with the Gate Agent when you get to the Gate and tell them your story and see if they will let your Companion Board with you after the As.. There was a report here in the last few days that they wrote something on the boarding pass that allowed boarding after the As.
Old May 2, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Generally if you are both on the same Record Locator (which will be on the BPs) then the gate agent will let you board together after you explain the situation.
m907 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.