Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Forgot RR password

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
Forgot RR password

My wife created her login and password years ago. We've always traveled together and used my login as I do the bookings, both revenue and reward tickets. She has now built up a fair amount of miles and wants to use some. So for the first time in years she attempted to login the Southwest Site. It didn't recognize her password, so it offered the usual questions to verify identity. Her valid answers were rejected, and she was advised to call.

So Southwest does not allow/send an email with a password reset option? We have to call and wait on hold? What will Southwest do once we've gotten through to talk to someone? I understand security, but this seems unhelpful.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
If the answers matched, I bet they would have sent an email.

I have a file with a few hundred passwords. I also keep the "answers" to any questions and which email I used. The detail is in case I die before her, or we both do and kids can get into our accounts and use our miles.
jjbiv, dlaue and steved5480 like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
I've taken care of it and won't lose the password again.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by 6P&E
I've taken care of it and won't lose the password again.
Glad it is done.

Just a reminder, if you "pass on", your family might not be able to get into your accounts quite as easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.