Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes in "Add to Calendar"?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Changes in "Add to Calendar"?

I made several reservations yesterday. Today I went to add them to my calendar and the function seems to have changed or is broken.

I use and external web calendar system. In the past the "Add to Calendar" downloaded an .ics file which I could import into my web program. Yesterday I tired to do that and nothing happens, I get an little box popping up under the link but nothing else. I've tried different browsers (Chrome, Chromium, Brave, SeaMonkey and Edge) on two different computers in different places (one at my office and one at my home) running different operating system (Windows 10 and Linux). I typically go to "My Account" then to "My Upcoming Trips" open the "Details" and select 'Add to Calendar"

Anybody else seen this/

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; Feb 17, 2022 at 8:44 am
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: LTP, PP
No idea, just an idea, sometimes holding the shift key while clicking helps defeat popup blocking?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:00 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I made several reservations yesterday. Today I went to add them to my calendar and the function seems to have changed or is broken.

I use and external web calendar system. In the past the "Add to Calendar" downloaded an .ics file which I could import into my web program. Yesterday I tired to do that and nothing happens, I get an little box popping up under the link but nothing else. I've tried different browsers (Chrome, Chromium, Brave, SeaMonkey and Edge) on two different computers in different places (one at my office and one at my home) running different operating system (Windows 10 and Linux). I typically go to "My Account" then to "My Upcoming Trips" open the "Details" and select 'Add to Calendar"

Anybody else seen this/
I'm seeing it also. Let me start digging.

Just to verify, this is happening when you go to manage reservations and "View", correct?
I just made a test booking, and "add to calendar" appears to be working correctly on the confirmation page.

I just want to ensure that I'm not missing it somewhere else.

Thanks for any input you can share!
swaMark likes this.

Last edited by SWAVictor; Feb 17, 2022 at 9:10 am
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by SWAVictor
I'm seeing it also. Let me start digging.

Just to verify, this is happening when you go to manage reservations and "View", correct?
I just made a test booking, and "add to calendar" appears to be working correctly on the confirmation page.

I just want to ensure that I'm not missing it somewhere else.

Thanks for any input you can share!
This appears to be intermittent. Or only happens when you follow a specific path (from MyAccount "View Details", or from "View" on the homepage upcoming trips banner)
I was able to recreate. I was also able to restore the functionality by refreshing the page.
Also, if I go to "manage reservations" and retrieve it that way, it appears to work.

Still investigating.
Tanic likes this.

Last edited by SWAVictor; Feb 17, 2022 at 9:28 am
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your prompt response. Glad to know it's not just me.

This appears to be intermittent. Or only happens when you follow a specific path (from MyAccount "View Details", or from "View" on the homepage upcoming trips banner)
I was able to recreate. I was also able to restore the functionality by refreshing the page.
Also, if I go to "manage reservations" and retrieve it that way, it appears to work.

Still investigating.
Yes reloading the page seems to fix it. When you sat "manage reservations" are you referring to the "Flight lookup" or "Retrieve Reservations" both of which require you to enter the passenger name and the confirmation number, or is it something else I haven't found yet/

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; Feb 17, 2022 at 10:27 am
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
Thank you for your prompt response. Glad to know it's not just me.

Yet reloading the page seems to fix it. When you sat "manage reservations" are you referring to the "Flight lookup" or "Retrieve Reservations" both of which require you to enter the passenger name and the confirmation number, or is it something else I haven't found yet/
From the top navigation bar if you choose "Flight|Hotel|Car" and then "manage reservations" which directs you to "retrieve reservations" is what I was referring to.
And yes, that path requires you to enter passenger name and confirmation number.

I'm not suggesting that either of these should be permanent solutions, rather workarounds while we investigate and work to resolve the issue.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 10:51 am
Original Poster

I'm not suggesting that either of these should be permanent solutions, rather workarounds while we investigate and work to resolve the issue.
For now simply reloading the reservation details seems easiest for me.
SWAVictor likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:46 am

Just a quick follow up, we have opened a ticket to our tech teams so this issue is being tracked and worked to resolve.
OzzyOzzie and swaMark like this.
Old May 3, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Continental OnePass, American Aadvantage
Add flight to Calendar NOT WORKING

Just a quick follow up, we have opened a ticket to our tech teams so this issue is being tracked and worked to resolve.
FYI, I used to use this capability directly from the Southwest website on a weekly basis (for more than 10 years) but the option suddenly disappeared about three years ago. I've been in touch with Southwest phone agents (who act like they never heard of such a thing) who then forwarded to SW tech support. It has been a dead end every time to this day.

BUT....!!!!
I decided to try opening the email confirmation from Gmail on Firefox (rather than my usual Gmail on Chrome) and LO AND BEHOLD ... the 'add to calendar' function suddenly shows up. I went back to Chrome to double-check and it does, in fact, appear to be a Chrome-specific issue.

The bad news: Southwest has been aware of this issue for years. The fact that it hasn't been fixed demonstrates that the inconvenience is not deemed a priority.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.