Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Travel Funds and LUV Vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Using Travel Funds and LUV Vouchers

I have been making reservations today using a mix of Travel Funds and LUV Vouchers. I have a couple of comments.

When I was awarded the LUV Vouchers the notification Letter said I would receive the voucher from [email protected] om However when the actual voucher arrived 2 days later it was from [email protected] confusing me. I called Customer Service and they were not much help. He suggested writing Customer Relations.

Finally it would be helpful if the website allowed me to apply the Vouchers and funds in the order I prefer. In this case I applied the LUV Voucher which left the taxes and fess to be paid. I then applied Travel Funds to cover the difference, however it applied the entire Travel Funds and left more money on the voucher, so when I went to book another flight I had to come out of pocket fro the taxes and fees.

I could go back, cancel my flights and make a round trip out of it but it's not worth it. But maybe someone at Southwest can see about allowing a little more flexibility in applying these things.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:20 pm
Company Representative, Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I have been making reservations today using a mix of Travel Funds and LUV Vouchers. I have a couple of comments.

When I was awarded the LUV Vouchers the notification Letter said I would receive the voucher from [email protected] om However when the actual voucher arrived 2 days later it was from [email protected] confusing me. I called Customer Service and they were not much help. He suggested writing Customer Relations.

Finally it would be helpful if the website allowed me to apply the Vouchers and funds in the order I prefer. In this case I applied the LUV Voucher which left the taxes and fess to be paid. I then applied Travel Funds to cover the difference, however it applied the entire Travel Funds and left more money on the voucher, so when I went to book another flight I had to come out of pocket fro the taxes and fees.

I could go back, cancel my flights and make a round trip out of it but it's not worth it. But maybe someone at Southwest can see about allowing a little more flexibility in applying these things.
Thanks for sharing this. I’ll make sure to share this with our Trip Support team so that can prioritize on our backlog.

Also, thank you for your support of Southwest!
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
The inability to apply funds in the exact order that you want has always been a Southwest website failing.
ursine1 and m907 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.