Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booze Returns Feb 16th

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak

"Deja vu all over again" - guess we will soon see in real time whether the return of alcohol either helps or exacerbates the behavior of some percentage of SWA passengers whose actions help disclose that their mental age is nowhere close to their chronological age. For the sake of flight attendants, I hope that everything goes smoothly.

ursine1 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:13 am
jmw

Marko123 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
How many fistfights have happened so far today? I know it's early but based on some of the responses in this thread I'm sure we've already seen full on brawls after a morning mimosa
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:28 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
How many fistfights have happened so far today? I know it's early but based on some of the responses in this thread I'm sure we've already seen full on brawls after a morning mimosa
The altercations are all right here. They are virtual. You might even call them imaginary.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by nsx
The altercations are all right here. They are virtual. You might even call them imaginary.
My internet dad can beat up your internet dad!
nsx and smmrfld like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by screeton

"Deja vu all over again" - guess we will soon see in real time whether the return of alcohol either helps or exacerbates the behavior of some percentage of SWA passengers whose actions help disclose that their mental age is nowhere close to their chronological age. For the sake of flight attendants, I hope that everything goes smoothly.

I'm sure things will go smoothly. Just curious...you gonna order a cocktail on your next flight?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
At the risk of being moved to peanut gallery.... but based on responses here and the general media, it should be an all out brawl in the skies today. LOL!
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
At the risk of being moved to peanut gallery.... but based on responses here and the general media, it should be an all out brawl in the skies today. LOL!
Based on the responses here, no one will be getting a drink because of "turbulence" and FA's that just play on their phone the whole flight.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
Smile

Originally Posted by smmrfld
I'm sure things will go smoothly. Just curious...you gonna order a cocktail on your next flight?
Actually, I have some drink coupons so I probably will! However, I have never been one to cause much trouble in flight or on the plane, just follow the rules and "go along to get along." I wasn't too worried about my behavior, what about you?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
Interesting language on the back of my electronic boarding pass (In Biz Select) for a flight tomorrow…

On flights travelling 176 miles or more, one complimentary premium drink on the day of travel. Flights travelling 175 miles or less only serve water. If you have a coupon that expired in 2020 or 2021, we will honor it through December 31, 2022.

Lots and lots of Biz Select BP’s still on my phone…they will be used…
steved5480 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by jmw

The services offered per flight distance on that card don't align with what was announced. It's correct on the digital menu accessible from the QR code. (I suspect the cards were printed before the final decisions were made.)

Nothing confusing about that.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by CoMooter
Interesting language on the back of my electronic boarding pass (In Biz Select) for a flight tomorrow…

On flights travelling 176 miles or more, one complimentary premium drink on the day of travel. Flights travelling 175 miles or less only serve water. If you have a coupon that expired in 2020 or 2021, we will honor it through December 31, 2022.

Lots and lots of Biz Select BP’s still on my phone…they will be used…
I tend to delete BP after the trip. Is there a way to get those back. (IOS)
Old Feb 16, 2022, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I tend to delete BP after the trip. Is there a way to get those back. (IOS)
My iPhone stores them under "Expired Passes". If you've deleted them out of there I'm not sure if you can get them back.
NoStressHere likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
Coke Zero is back on the menu! That makes me happy. Now, if they would just bring back Diet Dr. Pepper...
jjbiv, screeton and FindAWay like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 8:24 am

I have a flight tomorrow I'll see how it goes. I don't think I have any hope of using all of the coupons I have.

BTW any word on if new coupons will be forthcoming?
bwallet likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.