Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LUV voucher expiring beginning of March

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2022, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

LUV voucher expiring beginning of March

I have a LUV voucher that will expire at the beginning of March. Is there a way to save those funds? It's over $400 and it annoys me that Southwest will get to keep that money because I don't have plans to fly before that time. I understand that travel has to be completed before the expiry date. What happens if I book a flight and Southwest cancels it? What happens to the LUV voucher funds that I paid for the flight with then?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
When did they issue that voucher?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

It was issued in September after a travel fund expired. I had to pay $100 to convert it to a LUV voucher, planning to travel after Christmas, but omicron has changed my plans
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:24 pm

Do you have a friend or family member who needs to travel?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

I've considered giving the voucher to friends (family is all in Canada) if they have travel plans and are considering SW. Just wondered what happens to the voucher if the flight that is booked is cancelled by Southwest.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 3:31 am

They would probably issue travel funds but you should call and ask. Someone would definitely use it if you can't so it doesn't go to waste. I know we would!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.