Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Mutual gaslighting pact between pilots and flight attendants?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mutual gaslighting pact between pilots and flight attendants?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: AS 75K
On Alaska the same thing happens between SEA and PDX - there's ALWAYS reported turbulence with a reduction/elimination of service but I very seldom feel anything.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 1:39 pm

I'm no conspiracy theorist but I would not be shocked to learn that pilots err heavily on the side of caution on short flights and keep the F/As seated for everyone's safety. If the bumps don't show up, there really is little lost. However, the pre-landing cabin safety checks should be conducted unless it is truly unsafe to do so. The FAA would take a dim view of a crew skipping this safety responsibility unless it really was unsafe to be up and walking in the cabin. You should write in to let SWA know about this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Rapid Rewards
I've noticed, especially in recent years, that WN FA's are becoming quite lazy/complacent. Used to get a full beverage service flying DAL-AUS. Now on some 1 hour hops I'm lucky if they come through the aisle at all.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:09 pm

I haven't had service on my last ~10 SLC-DEN/LAS flights and it's always the same unfounded excuse.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
Then it must be a Soviet style plot to appease the flight attendants union on major holidays by not having them serve you a drink.
Not sure if this post was meant sarcastically or not.

The fact is that the flight attendants union is vehemently anti-pax. One can make the effort to read what its leader has to say in any of its press releases. They hate your guts.

No doubt in my mind that cabin and flight crew would conspire to block cabin service. I've seen this myself on multiple (USA) airlines. Cabin crew in USA, especially short-haul are more times than not dreadful.
m907 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 12:27 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
OMG!!! this happened to me and my partner and we were wondering what was up. Complete BS by WN. Flew SAN-SJC earlier this week and the woman I've been seeing said they pulled this "too much turbulence" thing even though she said it was a fairly smooth ride take off to touch down. I stayed in SAN and flew a couple hours later on AS/OO on the E175 only because I'm going for MVPG this year. I had two glasses of wine and a snack basket Lorna Doone cookie. Not a bump after we made the right turn after takeoff leaving the runway heading and no excuses. We're going to drain the points out of her account, but done with WN, same garbage attitude and service you get on UA mainline.

2022 WN must have Herb K turning in his grave.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM; HH Gold; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KeithRedford
Used to get a full beverage service flying DAL-AUS. Now on some 1 hour hops I'm lucky if they come through the aisle at all.
DAL-AUS is below WN's 250 mile minimum for COVID-era "modified" beverage service.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by ulmguy
DAL-AUS is below WN's 250 mile minimum for COVID-era "modified" beverage service.
Just silly.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM; HH Gold; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KeithRedford
Just silly.
My point was don't blame the pilots and FAs when the FAs are following WN's service standards. If you want to blame someone, blame WN for setting those standards. Not to mention the flight probably isn't provisioned with anything more than water for a full load of pax (and that's only intended for extended onboard delays).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.