Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Southwest 2 free EarlyBird Checkins with Chase card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2021, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Chase says that part of my benefits with my Southwest Chase credit card is 2 free Early Bird Checkins per year. But they give no information on how you accomplish this. Anybody know?

Does it work like the UA Chase deal with renewal of Pre-Check where they give you a credit for the $85 when you charge your Pre-Check fee to your UA Chase card?

So I would charge the Early Bird to my Southwest credit card and Chase would give me a credit for what I paid? Or it works some other way?
Old Nov 6, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
Here is the link from Chase. Go to the Southwest EarlyBird Check-In section for explanation.
https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...southwest/plus
Old Nov 6, 2021, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Just charge it tot he appropriate credit card.

We have the card with A1-A15 boarding. Everytime we do it, the credit shows the same or next day.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 5:31 pm

Make sure you use them since you earn points on that purchase even with them giving statement credit. Also mentioned somewhere else but under the "rewards dashboard" under the Chase CC account you can see how many you have left in the year.
bgasser and ZonaFlyer like this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by figment7
Make sure you use them since you earn points on that purchase even with them giving statement credit. Also mentioned somewhere else but under the "rewards dashboard" under the Chase CC account you can see how many you have left in the year.
shows up on the dashboard for the upgraded boarding credits, so far not for the ebci credits.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 6:06 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
If you are A-list, is there any point in doing the EBCI? Seems like a benefit I won’t be able to take advantage of. Can you use it to buy EBCI for non status people traveling on Southwest?
Old Nov 7, 2021, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
If you are A-list, is there any point in doing the EBCI? Seems like a benefit I won’t be able to take advantage of. Can you use it to buy EBCI for non status people traveling on Southwest?
Not 100% sure... but we have been able to buy the A1-a15 for a different person often. (spouse). I think the charge shows on the credit card and then gets wipped off without any connection to your actual ticket.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Can you use it to buy EBCI for non status people traveling on Southwest?
IME, yes. Have done so frequently.
Tanic likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Beachchaser
shows up on the dashboard for the upgraded boarding credits, so far not for the ebci credits.
Sorry I didnt read it right, my apologies for misinformation!! Thanks for clarifying!
Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smmrfld
IME, yes. Have done so frequently.
I thought this just came out - the EB credit. You have been able to do it since it started last month?
Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I thought this just came out - the EB credit. You have been able to do it since it started last month?
A1-15 credit has been on the WN business VISA for quite a while, so would think EB credit would process similarly.
bgasser likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 2:15 pm

Well that was clear as mud.
MSP_Monopoly likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 10:19 am
Original Member

Do you get 2 early check-ins per calendar year or anniversary year? I couldn't tell.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by sggolf
Do you get 2 early check-ins per calendar year or anniversary year? I couldn't tell.
It's anniversary year. The Offer Details at the link posted above are clear:

Southwest® EarlyBird Check-In®: Each anniversary year you will be reimbursed...
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:53 am

I recently purchased it with the card and the credit was posted a day later. Very straight forward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.