FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Keeping A-List Preferred perks promo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/2053825-keeping-list-preferred-perks-promo.html)

Speechlady Sep 28, 2021 6:58 am

Keeping A-List Preferred perks promo

I received an e-mail from Southwest in mid-August stating that they were making "it easy to enjoy another full year of A-List preferred benefits". "Simply fly two qualifying round trips or four qualifying one-way flights between 8/19 and 11/19/2021 to keep your A-List Preferred benefits through December 31, 2022" "This offer applies to all flights taken 8/21-11/19 regardless of when they were booked, including reward travel. No registration required."

I have completed 4 one way trips over a week ago and checked my SWA account today. They extended A-List Preferred benefit thru 2022 has not showed up in my account. Any info on when to expect this to happen?

Thanks in advance.

HighFlyinChar Sep 28, 2021 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Speechlady (Post 33602327)
I received an e-mail from Southwest in mid-August stating that they were making "it easy to enjoy another full year of A-List preferred benefits". "Simply fly two qualifying round trips or four qualifying one-way flights between 8/19 and 11/19/2021 to keep your A-List Preferred benefits through December 31, 2022" "This offer applies to all flights taken 8/21-11/19 regardless of when they were booked, including reward travel. No registration required."

I have completed 4 one way trips over a week ago and checked my SWA account today. They extended A-List Preferred benefit thru 2022 has not showed up in my account. Any info on when to expect this to happen?

Thanks in advance.

The other part of the offer language:
"A-List or A-List Preferred tier benefits status confirmation typically takes place within 4 weeks."

SWAVictor Sep 28, 2021 9:46 am

Originally Posted by HighFlyinChar (Post 33602628)
The other part of the offer language:
"A-List or A-List Preferred tier benefits status confirmation typically takes place within 4 weeks."

Verified that this is "within 4 weeks" of flying the qualifying flight (not within 4 weeks of the last flight date of the promotion).

Speechlady Sep 28, 2021 2:43 pm

Thank You HighFlyinChar and SWA Victor.

jasonvr Oct 14, 2021 8:18 pm

The question is, has anyone seen an extension? My 4 weeks is up this Saturday and I haven't seen a change. 4th flight (completion of 2nd round trip) was on 9/18.

Omnivore Oct 14, 2021 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr (Post 33645984)
The question is, has anyone seen an extension? My 4 weeks is up this Saturday and I haven't seen a change. 4th flight (completion of 2nd round trip) was on 9/18.

I reached out on social and they confirmed that I have met the criteria and that it may take longer than four weeks

jiburi Oct 15, 2021 6:43 pm

Interesting. While some of the majors are extending the status automatically, Southwest wants to score a quick buck. Can't fault them for trying.....

Jiburi

Omnivore Oct 17, 2021 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by jiburi (Post 33648571)
Interesting. While some of the majors are extending the status automatically, Southwest wants to score a quick buck. Can't fault them for trying.....

Jiburi

it’s also interesting because an earlier promo gave me the status instantly but not this time

jasonvr Oct 18, 2021 8:06 pm

No response to my Twitter inquiry...

mloradites Oct 18, 2021 10:36 pm

Wondering if two one ways plus 1 round trip will work for this or not?

darthbimmer Oct 19, 2021 12:10 am

Originally Posted by mloradites (Post 33656225)

The offer said 2 round-trips or 4 one-ways. If this was a deal made with the devil at the crossroads, yeah, he'd own your soul by now. Fortunately for you it's Southwest, not Old Scratch.

NoStressHere Oct 19, 2021 9:53 am

I an gonna guess you are fine. They would prefer to just say 4 trips... but people get confused. Some people only consider a RT as a trip. Others treat each flight as a trip - and a change of planes as two trips. (wrong of course). And others consider each trip from A-B as a trip no mater how many stops along the way.

I think SWA will see it as 4 trips and could care less if booked as one ways or RT.

SoCaltravel Oct 19, 2021 10:27 am

I am in the same position - have 3 segments with a round trip coming up in a week. Called Rapid Rewards Customer service and they said it would meet the requirement of four segments.

SAPMAN Oct 19, 2021 12:31 pm

I assume 3 legs with seperate Record Locators would count for 3 of the 4? ie. Fly CMH to MDW. (1) and then CMH to DAL (2) - booked as 2 trips even though I could have booked as a OW trip. Then return DAL to CMH. Correct? PS I already have a OW a couple of weeks ago to get me to 4.

SWAVictor Oct 21, 2021 9:06 am

As long as you have a total of 4 segments, you can mix and match roundtrips and one-ways