FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Keeping A-List Preferred perks promo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/2053825-keeping-list-preferred-perks-promo.html)

Speechlady Sep 28, 2021 6:58 am

Keeping A-List Preferred perks promo

I received an e-mail from Southwest in mid-August stating that they were making "it easy to enjoy another full year of A-List preferred benefits". "Simply fly two qualifying round trips or four qualifying one-way flights between 8/19 and 11/19/2021 to keep your A-List Preferred benefits through December 31, 2022" "This offer applies to all flights taken 8/21-11/19 regardless of when they were booked, including reward travel. No registration required."

I have completed 4 one way trips over a week ago and checked my SWA account today. They extended A-List Preferred benefit thru 2022 has not showed up in my account. Any info on when to expect this to happen?

Thanks in advance.

HighFlyinChar Sep 28, 2021 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Speechlady (Post 33602327)
I received an e-mail from Southwest in mid-August stating that they were making "it easy to enjoy another full year of A-List preferred benefits". "Simply fly two qualifying round trips or four qualifying one-way flights between 8/19 and 11/19/2021 to keep your A-List Preferred benefits through December 31, 2022" "This offer applies to all flights taken 8/21-11/19 regardless of when they were booked, including reward travel. No registration required."

I have completed 4 one way trips over a week ago and checked my SWA account today. They extended A-List Preferred benefit thru 2022 has not showed up in my account. Any info on when to expect this to happen?

Thanks in advance.

The other part of the offer language:
"A-List or A-List Preferred tier benefits status confirmation typically takes place within 4 weeks."

SWAVictor Sep 28, 2021 9:46 am

Originally Posted by HighFlyinChar (Post 33602628)
The other part of the offer language:
"A-List or A-List Preferred tier benefits status confirmation typically takes place within 4 weeks."

Verified that this is "within 4 weeks" of flying the qualifying flight (not within 4 weeks of the last flight date of the promotion).

Speechlady Sep 28, 2021 2:43 pm

Thank You HighFlyinChar and SWA Victor.

jasonvr Oct 14, 2021 8:18 pm

The question is, has anyone seen an extension? My 4 weeks is up this Saturday and I haven't seen a change. 4th flight (completion of 2nd round trip) was on 9/18.

Omnivore Oct 14, 2021 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr (Post 33645984)
The question is, has anyone seen an extension? My 4 weeks is up this Saturday and I haven't seen a change. 4th flight (completion of 2nd round trip) was on 9/18.

I reached out on social and they confirmed that I have met the criteria and that it may take longer than four weeks

jiburi Oct 15, 2021 6:43 pm

Interesting. While some of the majors are extending the status automatically, Southwest wants to score a quick buck. Can't fault them for trying.....

Jiburi

Omnivore Oct 17, 2021 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by jiburi (Post 33648571)
Interesting. While some of the majors are extending the status automatically, Southwest wants to score a quick buck. Can't fault them for trying.....

Jiburi

it’s also interesting because an earlier promo gave me the status instantly but not this time

jasonvr Oct 18, 2021 8:06 pm

No response to my Twitter inquiry...

mloradites Oct 18, 2021 10:36 pm

Wondering if two one ways plus 1 round trip will work for this or not?

darthbimmer Oct 19, 2021 12:10 am

Originally Posted by mloradites (Post 33656225)

The offer said 2 round-trips or 4 one-ways. If this was a deal made with the devil at the crossroads, yeah, he'd own your soul by now. Fortunately for you it's Southwest, not Old Scratch.

NoStressHere Oct 19, 2021 9:53 am

I an gonna guess you are fine. They would prefer to just say 4 trips... but people get confused. Some people only consider a RT as a trip. Others treat each flight as a trip - and a change of planes as two trips. (wrong of course). And others consider each trip from A-B as a trip no mater how many stops along the way.

I think SWA will see it as 4 trips and could care less if booked as one ways or RT.

SoCaltravel Oct 19, 2021 10:27 am

I am in the same position - have 3 segments with a round trip coming up in a week. Called Rapid Rewards Customer service and they said it would meet the requirement of four segments.

SAPMAN Oct 19, 2021 12:31 pm

I assume 3 legs with seperate Record Locators would count for 3 of the 4? ie. Fly CMH to MDW. (1) and then CMH to DAL (2) - booked as 2 trips even though I could have booked as a OW trip. Then return DAL to CMH. Correct? PS I already have a OW a couple of weeks ago to get me to 4.

SWAVictor Oct 21, 2021 9:06 am

As long as you have a total of 4 segments, you can mix and match roundtrips and one-ways

jasonvr Oct 21, 2021 8:53 pm

Has anyone gotten their extension yet?

Omnivore Oct 21, 2021 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr (Post 33664708)
Has anyone gotten their extension yet?

They told me on Twitter that I made it but that it might take over four weeks

jasonvr Oct 21, 2021 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Omnivore (Post 33664768)
They told me on Twitter that I made it but that it might take over four weeks

They won't respond to me on Twitter

ngman2000 Oct 22, 2021 7:44 am

It is almost three weeks since taking my second round trip within the guidelines and no extension granted yet. But they keep sending the promotional emails.

Omnivore Oct 22, 2021 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by ngman2000 (Post 33665588)
It is almost three weeks since taking my second round trip within the guidelines and no extension granted yet. But they keep sending the promotional emails.

they said to me on Twitter it’s taking over four weeks

rsteinmetz70112 Oct 28, 2021 2:08 pm

OK this is weird. On 10/22 my wife received the Keep Your A-List Offer again. She had already received the offer earlier, even weirder since August 19 she has taken 7 flights and has several more scheduled. She should have qualified on 10/12 but has not received an acknowledgement of that and her status has not been extended.

On the other hand I have taken 9 flights since August 19 and have already received an acknowledgement and my status has been extended.

We have both qualified for the Companion Pass Promotion and received confirmation.

dcstudent Oct 29, 2021 4:37 am

Week 6 for me and it hasn't updated yet! I'll give it another week or two and I'll DM the social team.

SAPMAN Oct 30, 2021 11:29 am

Although it has only been 2 weeks since my 4th segment to re-new A List, I would like to be sure I get it before 19 Nov when one needs to fly by to quality. If somehow I needed another segment, I could easily do it with a couple of days warning. I guess there is no way to check other than trying Twitter questions? Everyone, please keep the ideas coming. Thanks.

kennycrudup Oct 30, 2021 5:58 pm

I qualified August 29th. I've heard nothing, "thru date" is still 12/31/21.

Marko123 Nov 1, 2021 9:50 am

It's been exactly 4 weeks since my qualifying 4th flight and still no update. Seeing others are reporting from official channels that it's taking longer than 4 weeks, I will continue to wait.

Funny, I noticed my points from a recently completed r/t posted while I was riding home from the airport (it used to happen overnight), so I'm wondering why this is taking so long.

FlyingJayhawk12 Nov 1, 2021 5:02 pm

I’m not flying WN as much these days, but it’s still nice to have a backup. I received the targeted email back in October and have already flown one round trip, have a one-way lined up for Thursday, and then have another round trip scheduled outbound on 19-Nov and returning 21-Nov. I’m thinking since I will have flown the four segments by EOB on 19-Nov that I will qualify, but can anyone tell me with any certainty that this will be the case?

jasonvr Nov 1, 2021 9:00 pm

Finally got someone to reply me on Twitter

Thanks for your patience. After reviewing your two round trips in September 2021, I can confirm that you met the Tier Extension promotion's requirements. That said, I have manually extended your A-List Preferred status to expire on December 31, 2022. Thank you so much for flying with us and participating in this promotion! We look forward to our many trips together in the future.

danhouston Nov 3, 2021 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr (Post 33694213)
Finally got someone to reply me on Twitter

for some accts with unknown reason, a manual adj / update is needed

kennycrudup Nov 4, 2021 1:29 pm

... and if you aren't a Twit? SWAVictor , HMU via PM, please.

SWAVictor Nov 5, 2021 8:30 am

Hey all !

I reached out to my contact yesterday because I was seeing so many reports of people not getting their emails.
One of the recent promotions had an issue with the setup and execution, and that issue is being resolved - so those e-mails should start coming out.

I'm always happy to help dig into one off situations, but once they are more widespread the best course is really to contact Customer Relations so that 1. they can research and manually adjust if necessary, and 2. recognize when there is a larger issue (by call volume on that issue) and escalate it so that it gets visibility and resolution.

Since we have a known issue that we are working to resolve, if everyone would hang on for another week to see if you get your notification, or in the event that you need the extension right away please contact us by twitter or phone (I am also not a twitter user, so I understand thats not an option for everyone).

airshane Nov 10, 2021 7:55 am

Just FYI, I had submitted a request online to find out what the status was and received a rather unhelpful response. I called the contact center and they escalated to a couple people and confirmed that four out of my six flights did qualify me. Apparently two flights had changes, which disqualified those flights for this promotion (which I think is a little odd). The last message said it could take up to four weeks at the end of the promotion (Nov 19). But at least I have an email that verifies I did qualify. She said she had fielded several calls about this promotion in the last couple days.

zachary Nov 10, 2021 10:04 am

Originally Posted by airshane (Post 33717162)
I called the contact center and they escalated to a couple people and confirmed that four out of my six flights did qualify me. Apparently two flights had changes, which disqualified those flights for this promotion (which I think is a little odd).

Ugh. This may be very bad for me. I was counting on this promo. I went back to my email, and it contains this language:

Changes made to any itinerary after purchase of a one-way or round trip revenue or award flight may eliminate qualification for this promotion.

May, not will. I wonder why they would do this.

rsteinmetz70112 Nov 10, 2021 10:17 am

Originally Posted by zachary (Post 33717554)
Ugh. This may be very bad for me. I was counting on this promo. I went back to my email, and it contains this language:

Changes made to any itinerary after purchase of a one-way or round trip revenue or award flight may eliminate qualification for this promotion.

May, not will. I wonder why they would do this.

I though SWAVIctor had cleared that up and as long as the Confirmation number remained the same it would count. Perhaps I'm mis-remembering, Couldn't find the post when I did a quick search.

Although the fine print contains an ambiguous statement about "may disqualify", the language in the body of the last email I received is far more definite:

This offer applies to all flights taken August 19 - November 19, regardless of when they were booked, including award travel! No registration required

zachary Nov 10, 2021 10:45 am

Thanks, and I hope that you're right. I have 7 one-ways and 1 roundtrip during the relevant time period, but I know the 1 roundtrip had changes and I'll bet at least 4 of the one ways did as well. It would be something if I took 9 flights and didn't qualify under this promo.

SWAVictor Nov 10, 2021 11:09 am

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 (Post 33717600)
I though SWAVIctor had cleared that up and as long as the Confirmation number remained the same it would count. Perhaps I'm mis-remembering, Couldn't find the post when I did a quick search.

Although the fine print contains an ambiguous statement about "may disqualify", the language in the body of the last email I received is far more definite:

Yes, a change within the same confirmation number, and for new travel that is still within the qualifying travel period, should not affect qualification.

the reason it says "may", is that Customers might change to a new travel date that doesn't qualify, or they may consider a cancel and rebook a "change" which could also disqualify if they've missed the booking window.

The rep the OP spoke with may have been misinformed, but it sounds like he met the qualifications without those extra two flights, so hopefully all is well.

rsteinmetz70112 Nov 10, 2021 11:09 am

I've sent an message to to them about my situation which I described in post #21 above. My wife has currently taken 7 trips and has 2 more scheduled before the deadline. I'm not sure how many have changes.

I've now heard back and they have confirmed that she has enough flights that qualify. This was in an earlier message from them on twitter;

it's important to keep in mind that A-List or A-List Preferred tier benefits status confirmation typically takes place within 4 weeks after the end of the Promotional Period, November 19, 2021.

I Love to Travel Nov 10, 2021 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by SWAVictor (Post 33717755)
Yes, a change within the same confirmation number, and for new travel that is still within the qualifying travel period, should not affect qualification.

the reason it says "may", is that Customers might change to a new travel date that doesn't qualify, or they may consider a cancel and rebook a "change" which could also disqualify if they've missed the booking window.

The rep the OP spoke with may have been misinformed, but it sounds like he met the qualifications without those extra two flights, so hopefully all is well.

I also spoke to an agent last week who told me the same thing. I had also assumed the "may" wording would mean that it doesn't apply in all cases. I mentioned to the agent that couldn't it mean that if I'm scheduled to fly during the promotion but change my flight to a day after the promotion ends, that the flight no longer qualifies? She said no. I have 5 one-way flights already flown during the promotion period of which 2 have changes (one change was made before the promotion began - which is interesting since the original email said I already had the flights booked needed to qualify). I booked a quick roundtrip for next week just in case (which I was hoping not to have to take).

Forgot to add: I sent an email to customer care last week after speaking to this agent and have yet to hear back.

Marko123 Nov 10, 2021 12:18 pm

I just spoke to an agent and she confirmed I had enough flights within the period to qualify for the status extension. BUT she also said that they won't start updating expiration dates and sending out emails until after the promo period ends on the 19th. That sounded a little odd to me given what I've read above but it was some reassurance at least.

ryw Nov 10, 2021 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Marko123 (Post 33717960)
I just spoke to an agent and she confirmed I had enough flights within the period to qualify for the status extension. BUT she also said that they won't start updating expiration dates and sending out emails until after the promo period ends on the 19th. That sounded a little odd to me given what I've read above but it was some reassurance at least.

That's good to know - I was going to ask if anyone had received a confirmation email of status extension automatically, without reaching out to an agent? It seems like only people who've called in so far have gotten their updated expiration dates?

(I've had 6 flights in the qualifying period and have yet to hear anything or see anything update in my account, but I'll probably try to sit tight until after the 19th)

AllThePants Nov 10, 2021 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel (Post 33717927)
I also spoke to an agent last week who told me the same thing. I had also assumed the "may" wording would mean that it doesn't apply in all cases. I mentioned to the agent that couldn't it mean that if I'm scheduled to fly during the promotion but change my flight to a day after the promotion ends, that the flight no longer qualifies? She said no. I have 5 one-way flights already flown during the promotion period of which 2 have changes (one change was made before the promotion began - which is interesting since the original email said I already had the flights booked needed to qualify). I booked a quick roundtrip for next week just in case (which I was hoping not to have to take).

Forgot to add: I sent an email to customer care last week after speaking to this agent and have yet to hear back.

I would say of my SWA flights, 90% of them have changes at some point in between booking and flying. Usually because I'm rebooking the same flight after a fare drop, or potentially because I've moved or recombined fares to re-optimize travel funds. I sure hope this doesn't disqualify me -- as that feels completely counter to the spirit of the offer.

Heck - I just took a round trip "mileage run" today to qualify for this. Never even left the airport on the other end.