Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rebookef Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2021, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Rebookef Hawaii

This past November my Parents and I were suppose to go to Maui but it was hard to get the COVID test. We canceled and got a full refund. Yesterday I got word that we could get two weeks using our Timeshare on Kauai at the Point on Poi'pu in a 2 bedroom Oceanview Villa.

I called up Southwest and used our Points and ended up only having to buy two one way tickets for $209 each. We are going at the end of July on the nonstop SJC LIH flight.

I am amazed that we got a very similar point redemption as our doomed trip in November.

Currently ticket prices range from $400-$600 r/t. I am pleased with the way if worked out

The rental car prices are outrageous. $117 a day. I hope they will come down.

I hope that we can use our Vaccine Cards to avoid the pre testing. I filled out my Safe Travel Form

Happy Travels to you.
synergistic likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by danielonn
This past November my Parents and I were suppose to go to Maui but it was hard to get the COVID test. We canceled and got a full refund. Yesterday I got word that we could get two weeks using our Timeshare on Kauai at the Point on Poi'pu in a 2 bedroom Oceanview Villa.

I called up Southwest and used our Points and ended up only having to buy two one way tickets for $209 each. We are going at the end of July on the nonstop SJC LIH flight.

I am amazed that we got a very similar point redemption as our doomed trip in November.

Currently ticket prices range from $400-$600 r/t. I am pleased with the way if worked out

The rental car prices are outrageous. $117 a day. I hope they will come down.

I hope that we can use our Vaccine Cards to avoid the pre testing. I filled out my Safe Travel Form

Happy Travels to you.
I booked a car rental though costco on maui for $60 a night and oahu for $80 a night for mid October back in February as a placeholder. The vehicles are Ford edge or similar. The rates are up 35% and no signs of dropping.
Old May 27, 2021, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Beachchaser
I booked a car rental though costco on maui for $60 a night and oahu for $80 a night for mid October back in February as a placeholder. The vehicles are Ford edge or similar. The rates are up 35% and no signs of dropping.
Not Hawaii, but we have a nine day compact SUV rental from BZN-GEG for $1000 this August. This feels like highway robbery, but one ways aren't always cheap and it is high season for both Yellowstone and Glacier. I'd seen prices as low as $540 for an economy car from SLC-GEG at one point, but we definitely wanted something larger and BZN would be more convenient. I check prices frequently, and they have only increased. Like, $3000 for an economy SLC pickup, $8000 for BZN pickup. Even RT from GEG - waaay less than optimal - has stayed over $1000. It's absolute lunacy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.