Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Service Expansion: MCI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2021, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Service Expansion: MCI

SWA will add or resume service to nine U.S. cities from Kansas City as part of its systemwide expansion.

Routes to begin summer 2021:
  • Austin (AUS): 1 flight per day – Service restoration
  • Panama City (ECP): 5 flights per week – Service restoration; (was weekend only)
  • Miami (MIA): 1 flight per week, Saturdays only – New nonstop destination from MCI for Southwest
  • Portland (PDX): 1 flight per week, Saturdays only; service restoration
  • Pensacola (PNS): 1 flight per day – Service restoration; was weekend only
  • San Diego (SAN): 6 flights per week - Service restoration
  • Orange County (SNA): 1 flight per day – New nonstop destination
  • Sarasota (SRQ): 1 flight per week, Saturdays only; new nonstop destination
  • Destin-Ft. Walton Beach (VPS): 1 flight per week, Saturdays only; new nonstop destination from MCI for Southwest.
m907 and N830MH like this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 1:15 pm

Although I'm interested as a formerly MCI-based flyer, they've also announced other routes and maybe the title should be changed to reflect that, that there are changes starting June 6, although I see that there are some differences in the MCI listings: https://community.southwest.com/t5/B...er/ba-p/119700
m907 and N830MH like this.
Old May 1, 2021, 11:16 pm

still waiting for them to bring back MCI-MSP, that was flown 2x daily before covid. Hopefully soon!
Old May 2, 2021, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vike16
still waiting for them to bring back MCI-MSP, that was flown 2x daily before covid. Hopefully soon!
It's not even currently loaded in the forward schedule, so it will not likely be coming back soon. STL-MSP/DTW are both loaded, but restarts continued to get pushed back and they don't look like they'll be back this summer. WN seems to have challenges going up against DL out of MSP and DTW. MCI-LGA/DCA/MKE/MSY restarts were also getting pushed back last week and may not see restarts this summer.

Last edited by xliioper; May 2, 2021 at 5:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.