Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WN announces intent to serve COS JAN SAV

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2020, 6:07 am
Original Poster

WN announces intent to serve COS JAN SAV

In the earnings report today. https://www.swamedia.com/releases/re...r-2020-results

my guesses:
COS: DEN, LAS, PHX, OAK, DAL
JAN: DAL, HOU, MDW, BWI
SAV: HOU, BWI, MDW, MCO, TPA, ATL, BNA
N830MH and ChevyCruze like this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:00 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by jco613
In the earnings report today. https://www.swamedia.com/releases/re...r-2020-results

my guesses:
Big news for COS, as this has been a desire for decades. Personally I never thought it would happen.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
From their call:

" We recently published new service that we expect to commence on November 15, 2020, to both Miami International Airport and Palm Springs International Airport, as well as new seasonal service that we expect to commence on December 19, 2020, to both Montrose Regional Airport (Telluride and Crested Butte) and Yampa Valley Regional Airport (Steamboat Springs). We also recently announced our intention to add service in first half 2021 to Chicago O'Hare International Airport, and return to Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport, complementing existing service at Chicago Midway and Houston Hobby airports, and reinforcing a long-standing commitment by Southwest to both metropolitan areas. Today we announce our intention to add service in first half 2021 to Colorado Springs Municipal Airport, Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport in Georgia, and a return to Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport in Mississippi.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:09 am

Hooray for savannah!! I hope it goes brilliantly for WN, and especially hope that they do service from FLL.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by synergistic
Hooray for savannah!! I hope it goes brilliantly for WN, and especially hope that they do service from FLL.
Unfortunately not, G4 who tried SAV-FLL in the past and it did not work. Due to low demand.
synergistic likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
I'm surprised to see JAN coming back. I'd be curious to know what they see in it this time around.
N830MH and TEBraniff like this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards A+, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Honors, IHG Rewards
I agree with the above poster. Not sure why JAN reads as a good play for WN?
Old Oct 22, 2020, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by jco613

my guesses:
Yes, I doubt that. They will be announced for next few months or so.

COS: PHX, LAX, LAS, OAK, MDW, STL or weekend service only HOU or DAL.

I don't think DEN-COS. Way too short flight! Sorry!

And for SAV, they never served to SAV before. After AirTran abandon it.

My predictions: SAV to FLL, MCO, BWI, HOU, ATL, BNA, TPA, MDW or DAL.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 5:21 pm

Programs: WN A+ Preffered CP, DL SK GOld, AA Gold
Originally Posted by alggag
I'm surprised to see JAN coming back. I'd be curious to know what they see in it this time around.
When WN opened JAN years back, Sen. Trent Lott of Mississippi was the Senate Majority Leader. WN was in the beginning of their Free Love Field campaign and many speculated that JAN was opened for political purposes.They had limited service and if I recall correctly it was service to DAL, MDW and BWI. I also remember that the loads were way below expectations. DAL was Wright Free and JAN soon was dropped. I have to wonder if LUV is getting some great rates from JAN To come back?
Old Oct 22, 2020, 6:50 pm

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Originally Posted by alggag
Between flying at a max of 2/3 capacity and the collapse of business travel, I suspect that WN is adding every city that might add to their revenue. If the flight makes more than the airport fees, fuel and personnel, it works to keep WN revenue flowing.

I have no idea what percent of their planes and engines require a monthly lease payment, especially after all the financial games airlines have played to stay afloat. But staying afloat and seeing which other airlines would be merger partners keeps WN in a stronger position.

If they can stay afloat.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 2:43 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
I still see a big hole in the route map in Montana and the Dakotas.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Loose Cannon
I still see a big hole in the route map in Montana and the Dakotas.
Maybe cause of a big hole in population?
Old Oct 24, 2020, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by winston vickers
When WN opened JAN years back, Sen. Trent Lott of Mississippi was the Senate Majority Leader. WN was in the beginning of their Free Love Field campaign and many speculated that JAN was opened for political purposes.They had limited service and if I recall correctly it was service to DAL, MDW and BWI. I also remember that the loads were way below expectations. DAL was Wright Free and JAN soon was dropped. I have to wonder if LUV is getting some great rates from JAN To come back?
Add HOU to your locations that were served by JAN when the route began.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 6:10 pm

Programs: WN A+ Preffered CP, DL SK GOld, AA Gold
Originally Posted by TEBraniff
Add HOU to your locations that were served by JAN when the route began.
I knew my memory was going away!
Old Oct 24, 2020, 9:55 pm

Programs: Marriott PLAT
JAN to MCO was also a part of their service years ago...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.