Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ultimate Rewards to RR is 1:1.2 for October 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2020, 12:19 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member

When you go to Ultimate Rewards and select Transfer to Travel Partners you will see this under Southwest:
Get your bonus points today.
Limited-time offer: Get 20% bonus points when you transfer points through 11:59 p.m. ET on October 31, 2020. Bonus points will be awarded by Southwest® in your Rapid Rewards account when your transfer is complete. Promotional offer terms and conditions apply.
Chase has to pay Southwest for these transfers. Is this a move by Southwest to improve cash flow?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 2:59 pm

Thanks! I did a transfer and received the bonus. The transfer showed up as two transactions in my Southwest account: one for the 1:1 point transfer and one for the 20% bonus. Both are shown as "Chase Ultimate Rewards".

On Chase web site, the small print indeed says that "Southwest will award the 20% bonus", so this is likely a promotion by Southwest, not by Chase.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 6:34 am

20% bonus when transferring Chase Ultimate rewards points to Southwest

FYI. Just noticed today that if you have one of the Chase cards that lets you transfer your points, you can transfer your chase ultimate rewards points to southwest with a 20% bonus.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 12:17 pm

As we thought... "Point transfers via Ultimate Rewards are not eligible for status, including A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass® status."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.