Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Extended through Friday 9/25 -- Promo: Two month CP after one flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extended through Friday 9/25 -- Promo: Two month CP after one flight

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2020, 12:16 pm

I signed up and booked a revenue flights for myself and my wife. We were going to do that anyway I just hadn't gotten around to it. Now I'm trying to figure out how to use 2 CP for 2 months. Perhaps take a trip with friends. Also looking at where to go.

I suspect we will be seeing a lot of promotional activity to try to get people on planes.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 4:14 pm

I cancelled a $39 value points ticket and bought a $49 revenue ticket just for this promo, so it works in favor of WN for now at least.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 5:53 am

Registered my wife (I already have CP for 2021), booking a flight for her with my travel funds, assume that works

Edit: Of course you can't use travel funds for someone else, forgot, gonna have to book it with a card
Old Sep 24, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: WN RR, DL SM, Hilton, Marriott, National
Originally Posted by B747SP
I cancelled a $39 value points ticket and bought a $49 revenue ticket just for this promo, so it works in favor of WN for now at least.
Just did the same for myself and 2 kids, for an already-booked $45 LAS-PHX next month. It cost an extra $4 per ticket but now all 3 of us have the bonus CP. Even if we end up not using any of the CP it's still a nice option to have for 12 bucks!
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:03 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by nsx
If you converted all your travel funds to points rather than waiting until December, you might be regretting that premature decision now...
I mean not really, it'd be a $50 revenue ticket for one leg plus whatever it costs to return in RR.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 8:19 am

Offer extended another day, ends today 9/25.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 10:04 am

Programs: DL DM
Can anyone help me clarify the language used in the promo? It says "travel by November 15th", so would a flight on 11/15 qualify for the CP?
Old Sep 25, 2020, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by eneq
Can anyone help me clarify the language used in the promo? It says "travel by November 15th", so would a flight on 11/15 qualify for the CP?
yes
Old Sep 25, 2020, 11:15 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
I spoke to my family about my doing this. We're hoping to do a couple of ski trips out west this winter and this would be helpful.
They came back with:
Only a nonstop from LGA,
Not to a quarantine state,
No overnights,
Flight time each way 3 hrs or less. 2 Hrs preferred.

Only non quarantine was DEN. So it didn't happen.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Is there any confirmation that I did everything correctly/on track? Nothing is showing up in my promotions. Is that expected or did I botch it even though I thought I signed up and then booked the flight last week.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by adambadam
Is there any confirmation that I did everything correctly/on track? Nothing is showing up in my promotions. Is that expected or did I botch it even though I thought I signed up and then booked the flight last week.
Nothing special shows for me either. Just have to have faith I guess....
adambadam likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 7:34 pm

Well you really haven't done anything yet other than register. Anyone can "book" a flight, but you've got to "take" the flight, and that's really the most important part of the flight. Anybody can book a flight...

My wife flies this SAT morning, we'll see if she can book a JAN/FEB companion then.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 12:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Mine says "Registered", so if you're not seeing that, that could be a problem.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 1:45 pm

OK I signed up and booked the revenue flights but I haven't flown them however the promotion doesn't show on my account anywhere. Am I missing something?
Old Sep 29, 2020, 2:00 pm

I registered, never received any email confirmation and nothing shows under Promotions in My Account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.