Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Promo: 5 points/$ on Southwest travel charged to Chase Southwest cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2020, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia

New promotion advertised in email today and visible in my Southwest account:

Earn five points per $1 spent on Southwest travel purchases.

Plus, points count toward Companion Pass

Earn between 8/1/2020 and 9/30/2020 on up to $2,000 spent per month.
Unclear if this is targeted or generally available.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
I get nothing and like it
Old Aug 3, 2020, 6:47 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Is there a link you can include? For the 5 points per $ groceries special I could register via the link but I did not receive an email from Southwest.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:17 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
New promotion advertised in email today and visible in my Southwest account:

Unclear if this is targeted or generally available.
Showed up on the "promotions" section of the "my account" summary. Mine showed me to have already enrolled in it, which I did not. I surmise that I was enrolled at the time I enrolled in the 5X grocery and gas promotion, using the link above.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

This is a nice offer and I wish I could take advantage of it. Regrettably I do not expect to initiate any new reservations within the next two months. And if I do-- well, I've already got nearly $1,000 of travel credits so I'm unlikely to engage in new spend.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Imagine the usage declines Chase et al must be seeing in travel affinity cards.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BearX220
Imagine the usage declines Chase et al must be seeing in travel affinity cards.
Yeah, I'm putting most of my spend on my Citi DC for 2% cashback now! Southwest card only comes out of my wallet at Costco, because it's a Visa.
BearX220 and joshua362 like this.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 12:11 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I was able to add the bonus to my card via the link https://www.chase.com/mybonus. Worth trying for all your Chase cards.

What is interesting about both the current Chase and Amex promotions is that they are all opt-in. Almost like they target people who obsess about credit cards.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 11:17 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
I was able to add the bonus to my card via the link https://www.chase.com/mybonus. Worth trying for all your Chase cards.

What is interesting about both the current Chase and Amex promotions is that they are all opt-in. Almost like they target people who obsess about credit cards.
The above link worked for me.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 2:07 pm

My statement closed and the regular 1x points posted but the 5x points did not post.
How long does it typically take with these offers to see the bonus points?
Old Sep 28, 2020, 9:35 am

This one is coming to an end on 9/30 if you have it. I just bought some Southwest gift cards to help qualify for CP status.

Old Oct 2, 2020, 12:11 pm

It says 8 weeks, anybody had any experience how long it will take southwest to post the bonus points?
Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver
Originally Posted by BlackTea
It says 8 weeks, anybody had any experience how long it will take southwest to post the bonus points?
Fine print actually states 8 weeks past end of promo "Please allow up to 8 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period for bonus points to post to your Rapid Rewards account. ".

My first SW purchases posted to my RR account back on Aug 4 and no bonus points yet, so presume they all will some time later this month. I'm waiting a couple more weeks before I inquire.

Presume they also look at purchase date to fall in 8/1-9/30 range, not date of SW purchases posting to account, so it makes sense they want to wait until after promotion period ends since statement closing dates are scattered throughout Oct that contain Sep SW purchases.

Last edited by scholity; Oct 5, 2020 at 10:59 am Reason: Addtn'l thought
Old Oct 27, 2020, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by scholity
Fine print actually states 8 weeks past end of promo "Please allow up to 8 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period for bonus points to post to your Rapid Rewards account. ".

My first SW purchases posted to my RR account back on Aug 4 and no bonus points yet, so presume they all will some time later this month. I'm waiting a couple more weeks before I inquire.

Presume they also look at purchase date to fall in 8/1-9/30 range, not date of SW purchases posting to account, so it makes sense they want to wait until after promotion period ends since statement closing dates are scattered throughout Oct that contain Sep SW purchases.
​​​​​​​U saw any bonus points? now we are approaching the end of Oct., i still got nothing...
Old Oct 27, 2020, 1:15 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
I had a similar CHASE INK 5x UR Points on Shipping up to 10,000$ spend over the same 2 months and they were credited immediately on the statement. Hit the max and them some and they calculated correctly to the penny.. Obviously UR points are Chase internal and not WN points that have to be created and sent over. But they are obviously good for it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.