Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Extensions of Elite Status, CP, Travel funds, and option to convert funds to points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extensions of Elite Status, CP, Travel funds, and option to convert funds to points

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2020, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I would guess they run some sort of batch programs during quieter hours each night to catch these travel funds.

I canceled a flight today and it is showing old date still. Will give it some time.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 10:59 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
How many RR points for converting $100?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
How many RR points for converting $100?
Nothing has been posted yet on how many points to the $1 or how to do it.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 11:04 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Nothing has been posted yet on how many points to the $1 or how to do it.
Ah right, thanks for clarifying!
Old Apr 22, 2020, 12:13 am

Likely 78 pts. / $1, since that's the current redemption rate, but as noted this function isn't yet available so that's still unknown.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 10:43 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
FWIW, all my travel funds that I created during the Covid19 window have been updated to expire September 7, 2022. Thanks WN! (Alas, I have $5.60 that expires this October created from a flight from last year, but if I don't get to use that, I suppose it'll be ok).
Old Apr 22, 2020, 12:13 pm

YES !

Originally Posted by ymx
Any data points on folks seeing funds that expired in March reappearing yet with the 9/7/22 exp date?
Yes, my husband had over $400 in travel funds that expired March 31st - the funds fell off of the website (like they never existed) for several weeks after they expired (but we had screenshots hoping for the extension, given the wording on the extension policy).

After seeing this thread today, I checked both of our travel fund banks - his "missing"/expired funds reappeared and all of the funds for both of us have now been extended to 9/7/22 expiration.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL Silver
Thanks so very much to all of you! My husband’s $700+ travel funds were due to expire late January 2021. Doubtful we will fly before then, although when we do it will be with SWA. Booked a trip yesterday using them, then cancelled it. This morning they expire Sept 2022! I will see about converting to points when that’s available, solely since then we can use them for any of us.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 9:23 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
78 points per dollar would be the lowest price ever offered for buying RR points. At that price some people who value the flexibility of points might even consider buying a ticket and canceling it in order to convert new dollars to points. With revenue being scarce, that would also be a win for Southwest.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 9:43 am

deleted

Last edited by rrgg; Apr 23, 2020 at 10:25 am
Old Apr 23, 2020, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by rrgg
WN said you could convert to the points that it would have cost for the ticket. How are people concluding that means 78 points? It should at least be variable. Also I don't even see 78 in the flights I checked in Anytime or Business Select. WGA is worse of course.
See the links from this earlier post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32300953-post43.html

Are you sure you're calculating it the same way detailed in the thread linked in the earlier post?
Old Apr 23, 2020, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To add to confusion over converting, there are taxes and fees that complicate the matter. LOL!
Old Apr 23, 2020, 10:26 am

Sorry. I wasn't excluding the tax.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by khtc
Sooooo, for those of us who do not have a current CP, but could probably earn one at any point with a new CC approval bonus, we have a decision to make. I don't really want to earn CP now because I won't/can't fly that much anytime soon. On the other hand, the CC approval bonus can be discontinued at any time. Also, earning CP later in the year may increase the likelihood that the benefits might be extended into 2022. Is anyone else in the same boat?
>
>
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
TIA
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by khtc
>
>
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
TIA

If anyone can figure out how all this will work... well... take those smarts to the stock market. You will do much better.

Bottom line... nobody knows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.