Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] Free changes due to rescheduling; move up to + or - 14 days, twice!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2022, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Another change that doesn’t work for me. No flights HOU-MCO departing between 9 am and 5 pm? What on earth are their route planners thinking?
Old Feb 24, 2022, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Air Houston
Another change that doesn’t work for me. No flights HOU-MCO departing between 9 am and 5 pm? What on earth are their route planners thinking?
Did you check IAH-MCO?
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by m907
Did you check IAH-MCO?
Yes, it works perfectly for the outbound direction but the return would require leaving my MILs at 5:30 am, which is not going to work for us.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Air Houston
Yes, it works perfectly for the outbound direction but the return would require leaving my MILs at 5:30 am, which is not going to work for us.
At least there's plenty of competition on that route.
Air Houston likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Is the consensus that they are making changes to schedule on a rolling basis right now for dates around late May? Has anyone had any June or July changes yet?
Old Mar 1, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Oddly enough, I am now seeing flights being added back into the schedule for April.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 12:25 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Oddly enough, I am now seeing flights being added back into the schedule for April.
I wonder if you can get a second free change if they add a better flight time after you made your free change choosing from bad options.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by nsx
I wonder if you can get a second free change if they add a better flight time after you made your free change choosing from bad options.
It won't let you do it online. No sure what would happen if you call in.

Somewhat separately, my question is, can I expect these new flights to stick? I would like to plan around my flights, but it is hard if I don't know when my flights are.

Last edited by Cledaybuck; Mar 1, 2022 at 12:46 pm
Old Mar 1, 2022, 12:46 pm

This was last October so things may have changed but I had used my free change, a better flight came along on a new schedule addition and I was able to switch again by calling and explaining to the CSR agent.
m907 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by Peridot83
If you request a different flight from what was auto booked, does there have to be the same fare class available. Our return on the Tuesday after Easter was changed. I had initially wanted to fly back on Easter Monday but didn't wan to pay the premium. Now all Wanna Get Away fares are sold out on the Monday. I can't see the options without canceling my companion, so I thought I'd ask first.
I am flying around mid April. A flight I could not book wanna. Higher class were available. Original flight changed schedule so I was able to change to that flight without paying a difference.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
It won't let you do it online. No sure what would happen if you call in.

Somewhat separately, my question is, can I expect these new flights to stick? I would like to plan around my flights, but it is hard if I don't know when my flights are.
id expect April flights if added to stick. Normal booking window is around 6 weeks for many non business travelers. Flights coukd get changed last minute if loads are low like they had two direct flights from A-B about 2 hrs apart. Since loads were low on one they might move them to the other flight then rebook connections that break.

right now places are lifting mask requirements so there coukd be an increase in travel in April. Many schools have a spring break period around Easter.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by djp98374
id expect April flights if added to stick. Normal booking window is around 6 weeks for many non business travelers. Flights coukd get changed last minute if loads are low like they had two direct flights from A-B about 2 hrs apart. Since loads were low on one they might move them to the other flight then rebook connections that break.

right now places are lifting mask requirements so there coukd be an increase in travel in April. Many schools have a spring break period around Easter.
What airport codes are "A" and "B" ?
Old Mar 2, 2022, 12:02 pm

Anyone knows how targeted emails are sent like per segment or per frequent fliers or etc?

Also if I am not targeted can I still do this?
Old Mar 2, 2022, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by misterno
Anyone knows how targeted emails are sent like per segment or per frequent fliers or etc?

Also if I am not targeted can I still do this?
Can you still do what?

The thread is about flights that WN changes or cancels. The passenger then can make changes that work for them, usually at no extra cost.

Therefore no targeted emails at all. Only applies if your SPECIFIC flight changes. Ever since the MAX8 problem started and then the pandemic, this was happening alot. Smart flyers figured it out. It rarely happens now as WN has their systems closer to stable.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Can you still do what?

The thread is about flights that WN changes or cancels. The passenger then can make changes that work for them, usually at no extra cost.

Therefore no targeted emails at all. Only applies if your SPECIFIC flight changes. Ever since the MAX8 problem started and then the pandemic, this was happening alot. Smart flyers figured it out. It rarely happens now as WN has their systems closer to stable.
I understand

I found this video where this woman claims she found a way to change the tickets to an expensive date without paying the fare difference

So she is booking for the lowest miles at an undesired date and then changes the flight to the desired date with more miles. But she is not paying the fare difference

She is also charging $1,000 per family to do this. I can tell this is a hack but what is surprising is that it is not illegal.

See the video below at 18th minute and on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.