Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Funds Extensions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-List, CP, Marriott Gold
Travel Funds Extensions?

Curious to know if anyone believes that WN will/should extend existing travel funds by an additional 3 to 6 months due to the current situation. If not, the expiring points will be a silver lining in an otherwise difficult scenario for Southwest.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:21 am

Did you not see the existing thread on this topic?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-List, CP, Marriott Gold
The other thread I see would seem to address typical ways for the passenger to extend travel funds... I am referring to actions that WN could possibly take for those that hold travel funds about to expire in the near future. Or... did I miss something?
I now see the topic addressed in another thread. Thanks.

Last edited by acasteve; Mar 14, 2020 at 1:24 pm
Old Mar 18, 2020, 5:18 pm

I am curious too

Many travelers have travel funds that expire while the Coronavirus restrictions are in place. (Mine expire early April.) Despite contacting Southwest, it will not allow passengers to extend the use of their funds past their original expiration date -- in other words, to ignore the restrictions and recommendations or to lose the money. In fact, the airline's response to me was to scold me for not using the funds sooner.

Of course Southwest should extend the use of funds until several months after multiple agencies recommend not traveling.
jmw and screeton like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.