Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I book two one ways on same day?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2019, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Can I book two one ways on same day?

Flying from MDW to OAK and then OAK to LIH is cheaper than flying MDW to LIH with a connection in OAK. Can I book that as 2 separate legs or is that not allowed?
Old Dec 25, 2019, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by flyerchuk
Flying from MDW to OAK and then OAK to LIH is cheaper than flying MDW to LIH with a connection in OAK. Can I book that as 2 separate legs or is that not allowed?
I don’t see why not!
JB OmahAA likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Sure you can. We actually did that recently to get segments for A-list.

They do not care.

You are exposed to issues if there are IRROPS of course.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 8:41 pm

I'm actually surprised you can book MDW-LIH at all. They still haven't programed any connecting flights to KOA or ITO, to my knowledge - you can only book flights from one of the mainland gateway cities. I don't know why they'd have set it up for LIH but not KOA or ITO.

In any event, you should be fine to do that, or book it as a multi-city.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
I think Hawaii is the exception

You can run into issues if you have two one ways that are off the book connections.

I have booked a published flight route as two segments that were cheaper in price. I did run the risk of problems should delays occur in first leg.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by synergistic
I'm actually surprised you can book MDW-LIH at all. They still haven't programed any connecting flights to KOA or ITO, to my knowledge - you can only book flights from one of the mainland gateway cities. I don't know why they'd have set it up for LIH but not KOA or ITO.

It's because ITO has no nonstops to the mainland and must connect through HNL or OGG. You can book a connection to ITO originating in OAK, SJC, or SMF.

KOA will have future nonstops to OAK and SJC so some connections through those airports are already bookable.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Yes, you may. The prohibition is on impossible and otherwise fraudulent ticketing. What you propose is, of course, quite possible and not fraudulent.

Do weigh the risk of a no show and having to purchase a new ticket if your inbound is late.
flyerchuk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.