Search

Companion question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
Companion question

Hi All,

I'm 150pts from companion pass, and will cross that threshold on an upcoming trip Dec 11. 2 questions:

#1 , as soon as the points book from that trip I should be able to book a companion, correct?

#2 , if I book 4 points tickets for after xmas thru new years, can I cancel one of them and use companion pass after it is achieved?

Thanks for any advice!
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:52 pm

You will need to call in and designate your companion first. After that, you can immediately book them tickets.

Yes. As long as a seat is available when you book the companion ticket. You might want to call in and have them change it on the phone to ensure you don't lose the seat if the flight is sold out.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Start_at_UIN
Hi All,

I'm 150pts from companion pass, and will cross that threshold on an upcoming trip Dec 11. 2 questions:

#1 , as soon as the points book from that trip I should be able to book a companion, correct?

#2 , if I book 4 points tickets for after xmas thru new years, can I cancel one of them and use companion pass after it is achieved?

Thanks for any advice!
#1 - within a day after your trip, it should hit your account, and same or next day I think CP will hit.

#2 - not clear on this one but could guess what you are asking - but that has a 50/50 chance of being wrong

BUT - for example, if you have you and person #2 booked using points - you can cancel the booking for person #2 and then rebook using companion pass.

DO NOT CANCEL YOUR TICKET.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.