Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgraded Boarding Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
So essentially it is not known but it is considered potentially better to book it sooner rather than later?
No one knows; the auto-assigning of BS positions is less than a year old. Prior to that it was based on check in time, like regular ticket manual check in.
They may award A-1 to the biggest spender, status level, who knows. But I doubt it's in reverse order of purchase, so early purchase couldn't possibly hurt you (maybe )
Old Oct 18, 2021, 10:10 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Venting... Passenger demanding refund of Upgraded boarding....

This is just venting re: a passenger who was demanding a refund of upgraded boarding position. A passenger who purchased A1-15 gate upgraded boarding position was demanding his/her refund, only because the flight was delayed two hours. He/she indicated upgraded boarding position wasn't needed due to the delay. (what?!) The passenger was seated in the coveted exit row window seat, and had flown in that seat and still had the nerve to asking agents for hi/hers money back as he/she indicates, advanced boarding position was not needed. I should have taken the seat... shrug shrug.

Jiburi

PS: I wish gate agent was empowered to taking his/her belonging out of the exit row seat, and allowing the individual to finding a new seat after last C group boarding member has selected his/her seat.

Last edited by jiburi; Oct 18, 2021 at 10:16 am
Old Oct 18, 2021, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by jiburi
This is just venting re: a passenger who was demanding a refund of upgraded boarding position. A passenger who purchased A1-15 gate upgraded boarding position was demanding his/her refund, only because the flight was delayed two hours. He/she indicated upgraded boarding position wasn't needed due to the delay. (what?!) The passenger was seated in the coveted exit row window seat, and had flown in that seat and still had the nerve to asking agents for hi/hers money back as he/she indicates, advanced boarding position was not needed. I should have taken the seat... shrug shrug.

Jiburi

PS: I wish gate agent was empowered to taking his/her belonging out of the exit row seat, and allowing the individual to finding a new seat after last C group boarding member has selected his/her seat.
People that act like this should be thrown off the plane. Being delayed 2 hours has ZERO bearing on early boarding. Boarding is the same no matter when it takes place. What a jerk.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Originally Posted by jiburi

Jiburi

Did you not witness this firsthand? Most of us can tell if someone is a man or a woman.
Old May 2, 2023, 12:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I have a question about a refund for upgraded boarding.

If I purchase upgraded boarding ~24 hours prior to a flight, but then later my flight becomes so delayed that Southwest rebooks me on another (earlier) flight, am I eligible to get the upgraded boarding refunded?

The new flight did not offer upgraded boarding as an option. I boarded between the A's and B's. The original flight operated - it was not canceled, just delayed. But at the time I flew no one really knew that - in fact, it was so delayed I figured the crew would probably time out.

The GA suggested I'd get an automatic refund, but I have not seen that happen yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.