Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Houston airport layover advice needed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2019, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Houston airport layover advice needed

Thinking of booking a flight from ind to Cun with a 45 minute layover at hou airport. I know this is a smaller airport but would love opinions from those who travel from or thru hou airport if you think this layover is long enough to make it onto next flight to Cancun. It is a morning flight on Tuesday 11/5 leaving ind at 7:55 am arriviing in hou at 9:35 am then departs hou at 10:20 am for cancun if this makes a difference. Price isn’t a factor right now because I was originally booked another flight that southwest eliminated and moved to a flight thru atl already but thinking of requesting a change to this flight thru hou since it will get me to Cancun slightly earlier and possibly go thru an easier airport. Layover in atl would be 1 hour and 50 minutes if I leave as is . Thanks for any input!
Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:32 pm

Most would agree the connection is do-able. Landing 30 minutes sooner in CUN going through HOU is a minimal reward. But I'd wager there's more departure delays in Atlanta, other things being equal. Have a great time.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I always look at the consequences of the misconnect. In this case, if you misconnect, there are services at 12:55 PM and 5:50 PM. Only a 2-1/2 hour delay (presuming space). Unless there is something critical on the other end, you seem fairly well protected.

Predicting what will happen on 11/5 as relates to a delay is not worth the bother.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: Southwest Hilton Diamond
I book 45 minute connections often and they have always been fine but there is Murphy and his Law. Like had you booked a tight connection through Love last night it would not have ended well, not even with a long layover.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.