Search

Autumn 2019 semi-annual fare sale

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Autumn 2019 semi-annual fare sale

Resuscitating Initiating a new version of last year's thread for the 2019 installment of the $49 fall fare sale. As always very disappointing - does not seem to extend past mid-February.

For those who care the current sale runs through Thursday October 3.

Last edited by ftnoob; Oct 2, 2019 at 5:28 pm Reason: Confusion arose from reviving old thread
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by nsx
Tip: If you would prefer your Tier Qualification Points to post in 2019, book a round trip with the return flight in 2019. When you cancel or fly that return flight your points will post.
After reading the above post 5 times trying to figure out what the heck is going on... I realize that this thread is a year old - LOL.

As usual, the sale did not offer that much.

All airlines have sales, and this one is pretty much what they run weekly. But somehow, USA TODAY ran an article about it making it look like something special.

Last edited by ftnoob; Oct 2, 2019 at 5:29 pm Reason: Conforming changes
Old Oct 2, 2019, 12:48 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I expected the big winter sale next Tuesday. This one could be a warm-up.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 11:03 pm
73G

Programs: WN CP & A-List; Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by nsx
I expected the big winter sale next Tuesday. This one could be a warm-up.
Guessing the current sale is the real winter sale, since nonstop markets that see less competition are getting better fares now, in line with fall/winter sales past.

Looks like the purchase window was just extended to end of day Friday Oct 4, too.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 12:01 am
jmw

I took advantage of a few flights at the end of the sale validity dates in Feb 2020 in case this is the real deal for intra-CA $39. I hope to reprice it next week, but they looked good enough for me to book some flights.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:58 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by 73G
Guessing the current sale is the real winter sale, since nonstop markets that see less competition are getting better fares now, in line with fall/winter sales past.

Looks like the purchase window was just extended to end of day Friday Oct 4, too.
You were right. This is the first time that a semi-annual sale was so weak I couldn't tell for sure that it was the one.
Exiled in Express likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:41 am
jmw

There is a sale this week. It's not advertised for me on the home page. $49 intra-CA fares. No idea about the transcon fares but a spot check didn't reveal anything.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 10:50 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jmw
There is a sale this week. It's not advertised for me on the home page. $49 intra-CA fares. No idea about the transcon fares but a spot check didn't reveal anything.
That's a match to Alaska's one-day sale. Look for those fares to jump back up tonight.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsx
That's a match to Alaska's one-day sale. Look for those fares to jump back up tonight.
Would help to know the end dates if different from last week's sale.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:34 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Would help to know the end dates if different from last week's sale.
Looks like March 7 end date.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Current fare sale (ending tonight) now runs into May. Alas could not find $59 flights but found some at $69 which is sufficient for me to bite for spring break week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.